is there an easy way to import all my keychain items into 1 password?

Options
enargy_msn_com
enargy_msn_com
Community Member
edited October 2015 in iOS

Just purchased 1Password, seems that it is not that easy to import all of my keychain items into 1password, please advise if there is an easy way.
Thanks,
Nicholas

1Password Version: latest
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.11
Sync Type: Keychain
Referrer: forum-search:is there an easy way to import all my keychain times into 1 password?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

You've posted on the 1P for iOS forum but you mention OS X 10.11. Are you talking about 1P for Mac or 1P for iOS?

If you're in fact using 1P for Mac take a look at the utility mentioned in this post (on the 1P for Mac forum) which will import Apple keychain items into 1P.

Stephen

• enargy_msn_com
    enargy_msn_com
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Stephen, thank you for your reply, I am in fact talking about a Mac.
    I find it a rather intimidating process to convert and upload the the Keychain data into 1P, I would have figured that a $40 app could perform this on it's own. I am not sure whether I will use 1P or not.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@enargy_msn_com ,

Unfortunately Apple does not provide a way to do what you're asking - its not an AgileBits thing. You'll find other password managers have the same limitation, and their customers also want the feature you wish to have.

Apple provides a command line tool to dump entries, but each entry must be approved for export by you. This is the same process described by the converter's README.pdf file.

The process is not difficult, and takes only a few minutes. Ask more if you want a little more hand-holding.

This discussion has been closed.