App crashes listing OneDrive vault on Windows Phone 8.1

Options
cyberzed
cyberzed
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I am currently having one of the problems on my phone that is fixed in one of the later versions (1.1508.143) that you only support on Win10, what are the odds that you are fixing those in the alpha that runs on WP8? Am stuck with the crashing app when it tries to list anything from OneDrive.

1Password Version: 1.1508.60
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: WP8
Sync Type: OneDrive

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm sorry you're having that problem, @cyberzed!

Can you get far enough into the app to navigate to the Settings > Crash reports panel?

If you can, do you see a control for sending them to us?

(I'm hoping we can resolve the problem in the current version, because the fix in the later version for Windows 10 uses tech that's not available to us in Windows 8.1.)

• cyberzed
    cyberzed
    Community Member
    Options

I can only get to the swipe-left-o-rama, and when I have setup my OneDrive account it crashes when I press on "Use OneDrive as user [guid]"

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I understand. :(

Please try starting with a new, empty vault, instead, and then adding the OneDrive vault.

• cyberzed
    cyberzed
    Community Member
    Options

I have tried uninstalling, moving my vault etc but it just crashed as soon as it connects with OneDrive

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cyberzed, can you confirm that you've placed your vaults in the /Apps/1Password Alpha/ folder in your oneDrive? The crash you are experiencing may have something to do with an empty apps folder, or a corrupted vault in the apps folder.

• cyberzed
    cyberzed
    Community Member
    Options
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2015
    Options

Thanks, @cyberzed. I'm still not seeing that problem on my Windows 8.1 virtual tablet.

Can you tell us on which platform (PC or Mac) your vault was created, and what steps you used to convert it to OPVault format?

Also, you say the app crashed on connecting to OneDrive. Does that mean right after you entered your OneDrive login and password or after you select that specific vault to open?

Is that different from when you tried to open the OneDrive-synced vault first (rather than starting with an empty vault)?

• cyberzed
    cyberzed
    Community Member
    Options

Vault was created on PC and I followed the guide of migrating from the old format to .opvault.

I logged into my OneDrive and when it starts searching for a vault it crashes the app with no message.

The vault is the one I'm using on my desktop currently.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@cyberzad, did you try starting with a new, empty vault, instead?

Please do that (again); then, once you've got an empty vault, go straight to Settings > Current activities, and let us know what you see there (screen shot or transcript, without any confidential info, please).

Thanks for your patience!

• cyberzed
    cyberzed
    Community Member
    Options

I finally got a bit further in trying to get some sort of debugging data...I can see that the http requests for login.live.com/oauth20_token.srf returns a 400, and later on apis.live.net/v5.0/me returns 401 (guessing that is an after effect of the first one failing.

I have tried removing the app-auth in onedrive settings and let it get it again via the app on my phone but with no luck.

• cyberzed
    cyberzed
    Community Member
    Options

I managed to get a bit further down the line now..

api.onedrive.com/v1.0/drive/special/approot/children?select=id,name&orderby=name returns 400

Maybe a deprecated API call

P.S. still trying to make it work on a WP8 device

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @cyberzed—long time, no see!

Is your Windows installment set up to use a non-English language?

I ask because that would mean you need to change the name of the Apps folder to the language-appropriate equivalent.

This discussion has been closed.