How can I give my family emergency access

Options
Gabnxe
Gabnxe
Community Member

Everything my family would need to know about my finances is in 1password. Is there some way for them to have access to my account without having any of my devices?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:dropbox-troubleshooting-verify-uploads, kb-search:Can I delete 1password 3, kb:upgrade-ios

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Take a look at a useful (non-AgileBits) product called:

The 1Password Emergency Kit

It might help with what you need.

Stephen

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Gabnxe: Indeed, keeping a copy of the vault on a USB drive in a safe deposit box and giving a copy of the emergency kit to a family member or your lawyer is a good way to prepare for the inevitable. Be sure to let us know if you have other questions! :)

• Gabnxe
    Gabnxe
    Community Member
    Options

Will my person need to purchase 1password if the don't have my devices but do have my vault?

• Gabnxe
    Gabnxe
    Community Member
    Options

Oh, and thanks for the emergency kit. Very helpful!

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Will my person need to purchase 1password if the don't have my devices but do have my vault?

Yes. Although AgileBits (at least currently) provide a trial version it's limited as to the number of items you can store so it probably won't be of much use in the circumstances.

Stephen

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

In fact the trial version is unlimited for thirty days, so it would be possible to get the data off to print or a different password manager if needed.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Gabnxe: And to be clear, even when the trial is expired, access to the data is not restricted, only editing and creating more items.

I'll only add that there is one more detail which you should add to the emergency kit: our email address: support@agilebits.com

We're always happy to help. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.