Forum question: how can I unsubscribe from receiving notifications from specific threads?

411pass
411pass
Community Member
edited October 2015 in Lounge

Any way to unsubscribe from specific threads in the forums here? I know I can turn off Notifications globally, but I'd like to do it on a per thread basis. If there's a setting somewhere, I cannot find it. Thanks.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@411pass: Sorry for the confusion! It isn't you. This is a limitation of the forum software, but there's a workaround that might help you:

1. Click your username at the top
    2. Click the dropdown 'user' menu on the right
    3. Go to Edit Profile
    4. Notification Preferences on the left

Select the options on the right:

1. Notify me when people comment on my discussions.
    2. Notify me when people comment on my bookmarked discussions.
    3. Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in.

Of these three options, if you disable notifications for 3 (and optionally 1), you can selectively receive notifications for only the discussions you bookmark — and you can un-bookmark them at any time, since it isn't possible to retroactively un-participate in a discussion. I hope this helps! :)

• 411pass
    411pass
    Community Member

Thanks. Any plans to upgrade to more modern forum software? Other forums I participate in let you easily subscribe/unsubscribe to threads.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@411pass: None that I'm aware of. This is modern forum software, but of course it doesn't support every possible feature. We're constantly evaluating other options though. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.