The MN online tax payment site doesn't autofill properly.

Options

The MN business tax site:

https://www.mndor.state.mn.us/tp/eservices/_/

doesn't fill the password or enter submit properly. I have to manually copy the password field to the login page and click submit.

1Password Version: 5.4
Extension Version: 4.4.3
OS Version: OS X 10.11
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:UIMN doesn't autofill properly

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @dibergum,

That's a tricky site. I'm not suggesting this as a workaround but I'm wondering if you can test something for me please. I can see what it looks like when I fill the data but I don't know what happens when I click the login button and watching the POST headers didn't shed any enlightenment either.

So what I would like you to test (if you don't mind) is to load up the page as you normally do but don't try to fill just yet. Instead, leave the username field alone and move focus to the password field. Can you type in any single character - which doesn't matter as what we need to just for there to be something in the field. Now what happens if you fill using your Login item?

So why the odd request? The password field actually starts off life as an input field of type text. It even stays like this when you click on the field and it's only after a key is pressed and a single character is in the field that the page changes the input field to the type password. When I do this it looks like the field is filling properly but it really isn't easy to check.

If this does make a difference I don't know what the solution will be but at this stage it's about gathering as much information as we can and then decide :smile:

• dibergum
    dibergum
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, after typing something in the password field, 1Password will indeed fill in the password. On one test it did the submit, but on another I had to click the submit button. This isn't a big deal for me to do manually, especially now that you have given me a shortcut. I just thought i'd point it out incase there was an easy fix. Maybe this is the states way to prevent ease of use software use on their site.
    ;-}

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2015
    Options

Hi @dibergum,

Thank you for reporting back with that feedback. I'm not sure yet if it will let us think of something cunning so we can work with this or if it will end up being a point of interest that kind of makes it a bit easier. I'm hoping though that knowledge is power in this case. It just goes to show how there is more than one way to skin a cat as the saying goes.

(I am actually a cat lover despite the morbid nature of that quote)

ref: OPX-1070

This discussion has been closed.