I am having this problem since the last 1PW update, and I don't meet any of the conditions...

martinez454
martinez454
Community Member

...noted in the troubleshooting article: “code signature could not be verified” for virtually anything I try to use 1PW for--this is making 1PW worthless to me! I am running Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan on a MacBook Air, using Firefox browser v 41.0.2. I also just updated 1 PW to the latest version. I have never used Sophos (I'm using Clam). This is a major problem for me.

1Password Version: 5.4
Extension Version: 4.4.3
OS Version: OS X 10.11
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb:invalid-code-signature-osx

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @martinez454,

I'm sorry you're getting that error when using the 1Password extension in Firefox!

It sounds like you looked at this knowledgebase article: How to resolve “code signature could not be verified” (Mac)

You said you "don't meet any of the conditions" in that article, but you didn't mention if you tried any of the suggestions there. For example, did you try restarting your Mac? If you're using the Mac App Store version of 1Password, did you make sure the Firefox app is located in the Applications folder? (Or if you're using the AgileBits Store version of 1Password and Firefox is not in Applications, have you tried moving it there anyway to see if it helps?)

I'm not familiar with Clam, but if it's similar in function to Sophos, it might be causing the problem. In that case, you may want to take a look at this article to see if you can configure Clam in a similar fashion (i.e. to allow it to make local connections).

You also mentioned that you just installed the latest update for 1Password. Was it working correctly before that? Or have you been having the same problem even with the previous update?

Thanks!

• martinez454
    martinez454
    Community Member

Yes, that's what I was referring to--I've tried them all: am not using the App Store version, have rebooted my Mac, restarted Firefox several times, FF is in the correct folder, etc. I also am surprised you're unaware of ClamXav--it's one of the most popular open-source antivirus apps out there. But anyway, it scans files, it doesn't have any effect on connections.

The 1PW version I'm using now is 5.4.1--I think this problem started with the release just before that. I don't necessarily use 1PW to fill items every day, so I'm not 100% sure, but it's definitely just in the last week. I also just updated to El Capitan in this past week, so I was wondering if that was related. I've been using 1PW almost since it was first launched, and never had this problem, so this is a real shock for me.

• martinez454
    martinez454
    Community Member

Interestingly enough, I just installed the latest Mac OS X 10.11.1 update and the 1PW issue seems to be gone! I didn't change anything else. Just FYI...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that it's working for you now! It sounds like there may have just been a temporary glitch there, but be sure to reach out if you run into further issues. We're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.