new login added via main program but it is not showing in the browser extensions ie or chrome, why?

I have added a new login via the main program (windows version, running windows 7 home premium) but it does not appear in the list of logins in the browser extensions in either internet explorer 11 or chrome. I also have the apple ios version on my ipad & iphone which syncs via dropbox and the new login does appear in them so the problem is with the extensions. Any ideas why this new login is not appearing in the browser extensions please???

1Password Version: 1Pasword for Windows 4.6.0.586
Extension Version: Windows 4.6.0.586
OS Version: Windows 7 Home Premium
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:login not showing in internet explorer extension

Comments

• John_W_Warren
    John_W_Warren
    Community Member

Found solution as follows. From my iPad deleted the login that was not appearing in the Internet Explorer and Chrome browser extensions on my Windows laptop, then added the login again From my iPad and it then appeared in the login list of the browser extensions on my Windows laptop.

• Hi @John_W_Warren,

The 1Password 4 extensions load from the same database as the main program, it should be the same data. Do you still have these affected items or did you resolve them all?

It is possible they were configured to not show up in the extension? To find out, edit the item in the main program and look at the Scope setting:

• John_W_Warren
    John_W_Warren
    Community Member

Hi Mike, thanks for the response. That may well have been the problem, perhaps I unchecked that box by mistake. However I resolved it by deleting the login in question on my iPad and then recreating it, all fine now, it shows in all devices and browser extensions.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for confirming. I'm glad that all is well. You should be all set, but be sure to reach out if we can be of assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.