Newbie question. Logging existing passwords

Options
michaelhazell
michaelhazell
Community Member

Hi apologies for newbie question I have searched the FAQs but can't find what I'm looking for.

I have recently installed 1password on my iPhone, iPad and the Firefox Ext that I use at work. I was under the impression that would find all the passwords I use across all three devices and sync them and remember them. This doesn't seem to be the case. So far it seems when I reach a login page I have to open up 1password and type and store the credentials manually. This surely can't be correct? If so isn't key chain much better as it does all his automatically.

Also is there a way for 1password to crawl through all my apps and the website logins I have and store them??

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

We really need some basic information in order to help you. Please tell us:

(Use those links to find out how you can tell us exactly the versions you are using. It's important we have that information.)

You have to set up sync in order to sync your 1P data between your Mac and you iOS devices. These excerpts from the user guides will help you:

Syncing your 1Password data (Mac)

Syncing (iOS)

Stephen

• Ben
    Options

Hi @michaelhazell,

In addition to what Stephen mentioned above, I have a few additional comments:

Also is there a way for 1password to crawl through all my apps and the website logins I have and store them??

There is not. Would you really want applications to be able to do this? If this were possible what would stop malware from doing the same thing?

So far it seems when I reach a login page I have to open up 1password and type and store the credentials manually. This surely can't be correct?

Once you have a login saved in 1Password it can fill it for you when you ask it to do so.

As Stephen pointed out it is possible to sync your data across your devices so you should only have to save each set of credentials one time into 1Password, and then have them available for filling on all of your 1Password enabled devices.

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.