I cannot sync using dropbox

Options
jarider48
jarider48
Community Member

I have downloaded the pro version and am trying to share a vault with my husband. I get an error message when I try to use dropbox...please advise.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: ug:ios/, ug:ios/sync-with-dropbox, kb-search:syncing with dropbox, kb:dropbox-troubleshooting

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Please tell us the exact, full error message you receive. You've obviously looked at this knowledge base article:

Dropbox sync is not working

so am I correct in assuming nothing in that article helps you?

Stephen

• Hey @jarider48! I've moved your post to the iOS forum where it can be a part of its own breed. :) If you're still having trouble after following the guide that Stephen posted, could you post the error you're seeing? You can take a screenshot of it and attach it to your post if you'd rather not type it. That will give us a better idea of what's going on.

• jarider48
    jarider48
    Community Member
    edited October 2015
    Options

Right...I could not figure out what to do based on this article.

• @jarider48 It looks like you're trying to open 1PasswordAnywhere in the Dropbox app on your iPhone. Since you said you purchased the Pro version of 1Password for iOS, you should be able to simply sync your vault with Dropbox by opening 1Password on your iPhone and heading to Settings > Sync Sync Service > Dropbox. If you haven't downloaded 1Password an installed it yet, you can do that by heading here on your iPhone. During setup, you'll be prompted to add a current vault. You can use Dropbox to get started, and that will connect to the Dropbox app on your phone to get things set up. Hope that helps! :)

• jarider48
    jarider48
    Community Member
    edited October 2015
    Options

Here is what I get after doing the above and opening in DB.

[screenshot removed]

• @jarider48 It looks like you're still trying to access your 1Password data in the Dropbox app and not the 1Password app. Could you please download the 1Password app for your iPhone and set up Dropbox syncing inside it? Let us know how that goes!

• jarider48
    jarider48
    Community Member
    Options

I have 1Password app downloaded and I set up the dropbox sync and this is what I see

• @jarider48 Okay, tap that and then tap the name of your vault to get started. :)

• jarider48
    jarider48
    Community Member
    Options

I have done that and I don't know the next step

• jarider48
    jarider48
    Community Member
    edited October 2015
    Options

Here is what I get when I tap that

• Jacob
    edited October 2015
    Options

@jarider48 You'll need to tap Apps/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain to confirm that's the vault you want to use. ;) Let us know how that goes.

• jarider48
    jarider48
    Community Member
    Options

That is where I get stuck...go to DB? And do what??

• @jarider48 It may be best for us to move things elsewhere to clear up the confusion here. Could you send us an email at support+forum@agilebits.com with a link to this thread? Also post back here once you've sent it so we can connect the dots. We can arrange a better way to figure things out via email. :)

• jarider48
    jarider48
    Community Member
    Options

I sent an email as requested with the link to this thread.

• @jarider48 Thank you for sending that over! We'll move this discussion over there for now. You'll receive a reply from me in a few minutes.

ref: GDA-96346-842

This discussion has been closed.