Trying to upgrade from version 3.7 to latest with .1ptbackup file

Options
judgemental
judgemental
Community Member

I have 1Password Pro still installed on an old iPhone 4s running versio 3.7
I need to import the backup into my new iPhone 6s running the new version of 1Password.
I also need to restore the "Pro" status.

1Password Version: 1Password Pro
Extension Version: 3.7.2 to latest version
OS Version: OXs 10.10.5, iOS 9
Sync Type: unsure which to use
Referrer: kb:upgrade-ios

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@judgmental as I suspect your questions relates to 1P for iOS rather than 1P for Mac I have moved your post from the 1Password for Mac forum to the 1P for iOS forum where you will get more help.

Stephen

• Ben
    Options

Hi @judgemental,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. I'd be happy to help you with this.

I also need to restore the "Pro" status.

You'll want to get this taken care of before you move on to migrating your data from v3 to v6. In order for the Pro features to restore the 1Password app must have been installed while logged into the Apple ID that was originally used to purchase 1Password. In addition when you go to restore the Pro features you must be logged into that same Apple ID. If the Pro features are not restoring please uninstall the 1Password app (note: this will remove all data from it!), make sure you are logged into the correct Apple ID, then use the App Store > Updates > Purchases tab to install 1Password 6.

I need to import the backup into my new iPhone 6s running the new version of 1Password.

You can find instructions for that here:

https://support.1password.com/upgrade-ios/#1password-3-7-1-or-earlier

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask. If you run into any trouble with the instructions please let me know which step you are on, what action you take, what the result is, and what the expected result was.

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.