Logins Item list in browsers not sorted [Favorite item(s) to place them on top of the Logins list]

Options
founderio
founderio
Community Member
edited May 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

When having multiple logins for the same application (Created with Ctrl+"Add Url"), 1Password pops up a selection list.
BUT: The entries in that list are not sorted. Or at least not sorted by name or anything else recognizable.

Is there a way to re-order that list?
Picking out the required login for SAP is not a quick task. (And they look very similar when not ordered)

1Password Version: 4.5.0.574
Extension Version: 4.3.1
OS Version: Windows 7 Enterprise SP 1 (64bit, 6.1.7601)
Sync Type: None

Comments

• Hi @founderio,

Thanks for writing in. There's an option that might help with this.
    Can you please enable Show username for matching logins in the login preferences and tell us if this improves the situation for you?

Thanks!

• MikeT
    edited May 2015
    Options

Hi @founderio,

If you favorite your items, it will bubble up to the top. So, if you have a few items that you use all the time; favorite it and the 1Password Helper will always show them on top.

• founderio
    founderio
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @AlexHoffmann, @MikeT,

I tried "Show username for matching logins" and Favoriting logins.
    Both don't seem to affect that list in any way.
    I also tried closing & re-opening 1Password and restarting the helper after that. I checked, the favorites are reflected in the browser extension but the helperdoesn't seem to care at all..
    I even assigned a test URL to some of the SAP Logons to see if logon names are displayed in the browser extension. They are, but just having a long list of entries only showing my username ist even less helpful ;)

Just showing the username or favoriting specific ones will not help me get a better overview, i guess. A simple "sort by title" or "sort by whateveryoulike" would be very nice.
    Except maybe, I can force the helper to do that myself..

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@founderio Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Application Login items were (a) not sorted by alphabet, and (b) did not respect the "show username" setting. I have fixed both these problems in version 4.5.0.576. Thanks!

• founderio
    founderio
    Community Member
    Options

Nice! Thanks for the support!
    Once that version is live I will check & report back :)

• LauraR
    edited October 2015
    Options

@founderio - on behalf of @svondutch, you are very welcome - we would love to hear if this works well for you when you get the latest version.

• founderio
    founderio
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, has been a while...
    I got the version in the meantime and it works like a charm.
    This topic can be closed :+1:
    Thank you!

• @founderio - I'm so glad this is working well for you, thanks for letting us know.

This discussion has been closed.