Family app sharing

Options
kazan105
kazan105
Community Member

Can pro features be shared with defined Apple family/share?

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Alas, Apple does not permit in-app purchases to have access to Family Sharing. 1Password Pro features are unlocked through an in-app purchase.

• kazan105
    kazan105
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, any chance agilebits offers discounts in these cases?

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited October 2015
    Options

AgileBits has no way to offer discounts for anything sold on the Apple App Stores, other than to stage a sale that is open to anyone. That's how Apple works. Last I checked, though, a 40% off sale was on now, so it might be a good time to jump. Be sure to see the cost, though, before you complete the buy. Full price for Pro features is US$9.99. You'll be able to see the current price before you buy.

No one can say when another sale will come around, although they do happen every so often.

• AGMarshall
    AGMarshall
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kazan105 Hawkmoth was absolutely correct in everything he said. The Pro features of 1Password 6 for iOS aren't available via Family Sharing and there is no way to offer individual discounts via the iTunes App Store.

• ejmartha
    ejmartha
    Community Member
    Options

How do I obtain the individual license now that I have upgraded to the pro version using the Apple App Stores. Once I have this license, can I down load the software from the agilebits web site for the laptop that I use, as well as the other apple phone and I pad? If not, can I still sync the three devices to the laptop via Dropbox? If not I think that there should be some wording added to the apple store letting one know that the pro version will not work unless one downloads and pays for the pro version on all of there devices. Currently its misleading as I can not us the functionality of the product that I upgraded......

• AGMarshall
    AGMarshall
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2015
    Options

@ejmartha The Pro features of 1Password 6 for iOS are a separate license/purchase from a 1Password 5 for Mac license. 1Password is licensed per person and per platform, rather than per device. You can read more about our approach to software licensing in our knowledgebase.

The Pro features of 1Password 6 for iOS that you paid for can be used on any iOS device running 1Password 6 for iOS and uses the same Apple ID for iTunes App Store purchases that you used to unlock the Pro features via in-app purchase.

You can only use Dropbox to sync between different installations of 1Password. If you don't have 1Password installed on a device/computer, you cannot use Dropbox to sync to that device/computer.

This discussion has been closed.