Request to open Facebook url when opening 1Pass on iPad

Options
smittyny
smittyny
Community Member

when opening 1Pass immediately after typing in my master work, get message:
"would you like to open this url in 1Pass-http so://www.facebook.com/charles.williams.7330/pos........"
Is someone into my 1pass? I did not click on the link. what does this mean?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:switch-to-opvault

Comments

• smittyny
    smittyny
    Community Member
    Options

I password version 5.4.1

• Ben
    Options

Hi @smittyny,

Thanks for taking the time to write in with this concern. v5.4.1 sounds like the version you have on your Mac, not your iOS device?

In any event, what you are describing is a feature of 1Password. If 1Password detects a URL on your clipboard when launching it will ask if you would like to open that URL. You can get rid of the message simply by copying something that isn't a URL to your clipboard.

Thanks.

Ben

• sbwilsonsw
    sbwilsonsw
    Community Member
    Options

I have 1password installed on my Iphone6 running IOS9.1 - Now for some reason when I open 1password it will ask me "Do you want to open this URL in 1password" what is strange to me is the URL is a Link I sent to my stepson via email on the phone ..Any help is appreciated .

Thanks in advance

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• Ben
    Options

Hi @sbwilsonsw,

Please see above. :)

Thanks!

Ben

• sbwilsonsw
    sbwilsonsw
    Community Member
    Options

1Password vers 6.0.2
    Extension Vers: Sorry I am a Idiot I have no idea how to find that
    IOS Vers: 9.1
    Sync Type: I dont sync anything

However I can now answer my own question now: For anyone with the same issue get into 1password /Settings/Advanced and disable "Prompt to open websites"

Now why it chose to try to open a website I sent via a email on my iphone (no Idea) other than it appears since I copied and pasted it -It saved it to the clip board on the phone and somehow 1Password wants to open what is in the clipboard on the phone

Hope this helps someone else

• Ben
    Options

Hi @sbwilsonsw,

Thanks for the update. Yes, I should've mentioned this feature can also be turned off entirely, if you don't ever foresee it being helpful.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.