Vault Not Unlocking from IOS Devices

Options
gustavofernandez
gustavofernandez
Community Member

1Password on MacBook Pro works fine. Running on Yosemite 10.10.5, 1Password 5.4.1 synced via Dropbox.

The issue is that my three other devices are not opening the Vault via the master password? They are all connected via Dropbox.

Device 1-iPhone 6 (OS 9.1)
Device 2-iPhone 5 (OS 9.1)
Device 3-Ipad (OS 8.4.1)

Any suggestions please let me know, thanks!

1Password Version: 5.4.1
Extension Version: 4.4.3.90
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Have you recently changed your master password on your Mac? If so, you need initially to open 1P on your iOS devices using your old master password to allow the new master password change to sync to your iOS devices. Once you've done that you'll then be able to open 1P on those devices using your new master password.

If that's not the problem please tell us what version of 1Password for iOS you are using on each of your iOS devices.

Stephen

• AGMarshall
    AGMarshall
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gustavofernandez Did Stephen's recommendation help?

• gustavofernandez
    gustavofernandez
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @AGMarshall thanks for the note. Had not seen the reply as it did not message me that there was one.

So I am helping my Dad whom I gifted (i have used it for years) 1Password and he said that "Yes" he has changed it. Challenge is now for him to remember it. He is trying to figure that out.

If this option does not work? What would be the next step?

He can access the vault, is there a history of the master password we can look at while in the vault?

• gustavofernandez
    gustavofernandez
    Community Member
    Options

@Stephen_C @AGMarshall It worked. He figured out the old password. Problem now is that we opened up all three devices and synced them. It still uses the old master password. How does one update the new master password to all the devices. Thanks!

• Ben
    Options

Hi @gustavofernandez,

He may need to make the change on each device:

https://support.1password.com/change-master-password/ios.html

He can access the vault, is there a history of the master password we can look at while in the vault?

The Master Password is not actually stored anywhere -- even inside the keychain. The only time the Master Password is stored anywhere is while Touch ID or a PIN are locking 1Password instead of the Master Password, in which case the Master Password is stored in the iOS keychain.

Thanks!

Ben

• gustavofernandez
    gustavofernandez
    Community Member
    Options

Great, thank you! @bwoodruff

• Ben
    Options

You are very welcome! If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.