Login Rich icons not appearing in list view (only on my iPad mini, fine on all other devices)

Options
John_W_Warren
John_W_Warren
Community Member

Login Rich icons do not appear in the list view (left pane) on my iPad mini 1. They do appear in the right pane if I tap on an individual login to view the full details. I find this bizarre as I also have 1Password on 2 iPhone 4Ss and an iPad 4, and on all of them the Rich icons show correctly in the list view, the problem is unique to my iPad mini. I have tried deleting and reinstalling the App, toggling Show rich icons on and off, all to no avail. Any ideas as to what is the cause of this minor irritation would be appreciated. Many thanks, John.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @John_W_Warren

Thanks for taking the time to write in. Could you please let me know:

• All of the devices you sync 1Password with
    • The version of 1Password on each of those devices
    • What sync method you are using for 1Password on those devices

Armed with that information we should be able to better help.

Thanks!

Ben

• John_W_Warren
    John_W_Warren
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben, thanks for taking this up. I have 1Password installed on the following 4 devices, and they all sync via Dropbox. The only device on which the Rich Icons do not all appear in the left side list pane is the iPad mini 1, the other 3 devices are fine.

** 1Password for Windows ver 4.6.0.586 on a Windows 7 Home Premium Laptop

** 1Password for ios ver 6.0.2 on: an iPad 4, an iPad mini 1, and an iPhone 4S

Thanks in advance for any solutions you can suggest.
    John

• Hi @John_W_Warren ,

I have a couple of suggestions. I can think of three reasons why the rich icons might be failing:

1. Do you have any special networking setup on the iPad mini? e.g. a VPN, connected to a different network, etc.?
    2. Have you restarted your iPad mini lately? The networking process in the mini may need a bit of a kick. Give that a try.
    3. Low on storage space? Is the mini almost full? iOS will not let an app absolutely fill all of the storage, so it may not be letting 1Password save the icons.

Let me know if any of the above is relevant to your situation. There is further investigation we can do, but let's get the above out of the way first.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• John_W_Warren
    John_W_Warren
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Kevin, my answers to your 3 questions re my iPad mini are as below. The odd thing is that the Rich Icons do appear in the top left of the right side pane when I tap on an individual Login to see the details, just not in the left side list view, which suggests to me that the icons have been downloaded in to the App somewhere but are for some reason not being visualised in the left pane. Also the problem is not consistent across all Logins, some show the Rich Icon in the left pane, but most do not, however they all show the Rich Icon in the top left corner of the right pane when I tap on the individual Login.

1. I do not use a VPN, the iPad mini as with all my devices connects directly to my home wifi router.
    2. I restart the iPad mini at least once a day, so that is not the problem.
    3. The iPad mini is a 32gb model and has 14.4gb of available space.

Regards
    John

• Good afternoon @John_W_Warren. I'm sorry for the trouble you're having with rich icons. I think we'll need to see a diagnostic report from your iPad in order to figure out what's going on here. Try these steps:

1. Disable the rich icons setting on your iPad.
    2. Switch to the Favorites list and verify that it indeed does not have any rich icons.
    3. Enable the rich icons setting.
    4. Switch back to Favorites and see, again, that it doesn't have rich icons.
    5. Generate a Diagnostic Report and send it in:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/ios.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can quickly track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• John_W_Warren
    John_W_Warren
    Community Member
    Options

As requested support ID number is: [#PBN-86937-194].

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@John_W_Warren: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: PBN-86937-194

This discussion has been closed.