Thinking of buying . What would happen if my computer was wiped how can I get passwords back?

Thinking of buying . What would happen if my computer was wiped how can I get passwords back?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search: Thinking of buying . What would happen if my computer was wiped how can I get passwords back?

Comments

• @ujohn - Thanks for considering 1Password. 1Password makes automatic backups of your 1Password data. We have a great support article about this here. You should then backup these backups along with the rest of your data on your Windows PC to an external source.
    You can also select to use Dropbox to store your 1Password data and the steps to do this are here.
    Your purchase of 1Password for Windows is good for any Windows PC that you own and is also good for 5 other family members.

• ericsnis
    ericsnis
    Community Member

If it was on Dropbox or some other cloud service you should be able to get it back provided you have the login information for that cloud account. Otherwise you'd need to backup those backup files to another physical disk, not just another drive on the same physical disk.
    I myself keep it on Dropbox then have my system backed up to the server in the basement. I should be covered for most disasters since the 1Password backup files are protected and the database itself is offsite.

• @ericsnis - Yes, it's wise to backup both to another physical device as well as to another physical location, such as the cloud. This way if your entire house burns down or if your basement floods you still have access to your data.

This discussion has been closed.