Identity fill on the Apple Store doesn't quite work correctly

MrC
MrC
Volunteer Moderator
edited October 2015 in 1Password in the Browser

I tried an identity fill today on the Apple Store and it didn't quite work correctly. The area code in the phone number goes into the phone number field, and not the specific area code field.

Browser: Firefox

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.1
_Sync Type:
Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @MrC,

Turns out we do a good a job at filling telephone numbers as Apple does (we both fail). In both instances we use a single field to store the entire number. Apple used to allow custom formatting but now it doggedly forces you to use what it sees as the correct formatting and so far my attempts to correct even a single entry have failed. My understand is we don't support, but want to, the idea of recognising when the user has formatted the telephone number in a particular way. So for the moment this is work in progress.

Given the rules Apple has stored for the UK don't seem to work on my numbers I'm inclined to support the idea of offering to the user something like +XX (XXXXX) XXXXXX where the first bit is the international code, the next uses brackets for the area code and then the rest is the number. That way it should allow everybody to set it up as they want it to for their locale.

ref: OPX-818

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

We seem to have very few good examples of where this might apply so thank you, Apple is a big one so somewhere you'd expect us to work.

This discussion has been closed.