Just upgraded Mac software to El Capitan and cant edit or add accounts to 1Password

tjmlgreen
tjmlgreen
Community Member
edited October 2015 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I am trying to edit and add accounts to 1Password but it won't let me since upgrading my Mac software??

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:just upgraded Mac software to El Capitan and cant edit or add accounts to 1 Password

Comments

• Hey @tjmlgreen! What version of 1Password are you using? You can find out by following the instructions in this knowledge base article. Let us know so we can help figure out what's going on.

• tjmlgreen
    tjmlgreen
    Community Member

I am using version 3.8.22

• @tjmlgreen Thanks for letting me know. 1Password 3 is an old version of the app that was replaced with 1Password 4 back in 2013. The current version is 1Password 5. This forum post explains that 1Password 3 has some issues with modern operating systems, and currently there is not a version of this legacy version that works properly on El Capitan. We recommend upgrading to the latest version of 1Password using your current license to obtain a discount. :) You can follow this guide to migrate your data to 1Password 5. If you have any questions, let us know!

• tjmlgreen
    tjmlgreen
    Community Member
    edited October 2015

Thank you for your reply. I am happy to upgrade to 1P latest version, but how confident should I be that I don't lose data or passwords?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2015

On behalf of penderworth, you're most welcome!

You can have a high level of confidence that none of your 1Password data will be lost when upgrading from version 3 to version 5. Your best best is to carefully follow this guide that he referred to:

How do I upgrade 1Password for Mac from version 3?

You might want to look that over before starting to make sure it's clear or in case it brings up other pre-upgrade questions you'd like answered.

And having up-to-date backups for your Mac, which include backups of your 1Password data, can increase your confidence when doing upgrades of any kind. :)

We're here to help if you do run into any snags with the upgrade and hopefully it all goes smoothly. Cheers!

• tjmlgreen
    tjmlgreen
    Community Member

Thank once again. I have now upgraded and all looks fine except that I have both 1 Password and 1 Password mini icons in the dock at the bottom of the screen.
    When I open the main 1 Password it is locked ( as I would expect) but when I click on the mini icon its already unlocked.
    Please can you explain.

• @tjmlgreen The fastest and easiest way for us to figure out what's going on is for you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac.

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

We'll take a look at the report and let you know what we find!

This discussion has been closed.