Dropbox vaults being named "Default 1", etc.

dk0
dk0
Community Member

I'm in the process of switching from a competitor to 1Password for a variety of reasons, one of which is the ability to have multiple vaults.

I've create two vaults using the latest version for windows, and stored them in drobox. However, when I sync them to my iphones, they are named "Default 1" and "Default 2". Clearly, this is not what I named my opvault files. Also, this is clearly not very user-friendly when working on my phone. It is possible to change the name of these vaults, so they appear correctly on my iPhone?

Please advise.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.592
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.1, windows 8.1
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited February 2016

Hi @dk0,

Unfortunately I'm not aware of a workaround at this point. The problem is that our Windows product handles vault naming differently than our Mac and iOS products. Windows uses the file name as the vault name, whereas Mac and iOS rely on a preference set at the time of vault creation. 1Password for Windows currently sets this preference for all vaults to "default." I've filed a bug with our Windows team, which they will hopefully be able to correct in a future update.

Thanks!

Ben

ref: OPW-516

• dk0
    dk0
    Community Member

Thanks for the quicky reply. Am I right that there's also no way to create new vaults on iOS? (I don't have access to a Mac right now)

• dk0
    dk0
    Community Member

Actually.... I just figured out a workaround. Not sure if you want me to share details on the forum, so feel free to email me (I'm assuming you have access to that).

• @dk0,

Correct. iOS cannot currently create any vaults other than the Primary vault and a demo vault.

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.