Need to remove a user from Family account so no access to passwords

hyperarts
hyperarts
Community Member

We have a family account for our small business. One of our contractors who had access to our 1pw has left and, ideally, I'd like all his data erased from 1pw the next time he logs in.

Or at prevent him from being able update data. Our data file is securely stored on Dropbox and we did remove him from the list of shared users.

Also, I updated the Master Password on my Mac, but not sure what that even does. I'd like to have it so that when I change the Master Password it is then required for all logins.

I hope someone can assist. Thanks!
Tim

1Password Version: 5.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.10.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hey @hyperarts! Here are some answers to your questions. :)

One of our contractors who had access to our 1pw has left and, ideally, I'd like all his data erased from 1pw the next time he logs in. [...] Our data file is securely stored on Dropbox and we did remove him from the list of shared users.

Since you already removed him from the shared folder, that's the most you can do to revoke his privileges on the vault. If he saved a copy of the info on his computer, or if he still has backups of the data, then a change to the Master Password doesn't really do much because he can restore things to a time when the Master Password was one that he knew. What you can do at this point is simply prevent future access to the vault and its contents that are updated from when he left. For more details about this, I recommend giving this guide a read:

Can I revoke access to a shared vault?

Also, I updated the Master Password on my Mac, but not sure what that even does.

Changing the Master Password will make the Dropbox vault only accessible with the new Master Password, once everything syncs up with the other computers. As I mentioned before, they can use the old Master Password to access an older copy of the data if they restore a backup created before the Master Password change.

I'd like to have it so that when I change the Master Password it is then required for all logins.

Are you looking for a way to lock every action with the Master Password so it has to be used every time something is to be copied? By default, the app is locked after the computer is idle for five minutes, when the screensaver is active, when the computer goes to sleep, and when the computer's user is switched. The clipboard is also cleared after 90 seconds. You can change any of these settings in Preferences > Security and also enable the option to lock the vault when the main window is closed.

Hopefully that helps clear things up. If you have any other questions, feel free to let us know.

This discussion has been closed.