Support for fingerprint unlock [released]

Comments

• 1Password on Android will support the new fingerprint API introduced in Android M when Android M launches later this year! We have a recent blog post discussing fingerprint unlock with a little preview of how it looks in Android M:

https://blog.agilebits.com/2015/05/28/fingerprint-unlock-coming-to-1password-for-android/

• hubpf
    hubpf
    Community Member

+1 as S6 user

• Thanks for the :+1: @hubpf! We are working on getting fingerprint support ready for Android M!

• chrisonline
    chrisonline
    Community Member

So it will supported only on Android M?
    The S6 Edge has 5.1.1, so once the S6 gets 6.0 it works here too? Is this right?

• 1Password requires the new fingerprint APIs introduced in Android Marshmallow. If the update to Android 6.0 for the Samsung Galaxy S6 supports these APIs for the fingerprint scanner, you can expect fingerprint unlock to be supported by 1Password!

• We're not exactly sure when the update with fingerprint support will be released, but I'm sure that will become more clear as new devices start to ship with Marshmallow. :lol:

That said, we will indeed be testing the release in beta before releasing to Google Play. If you'd like, you're welcome to sign up to become a beta tester.

• MntMan
    MntMan
    Community Member

Why do you have to wait for Android Marshmallow and the associated APIs? Your competitors already support fingerprint support.

• yetanotherdave
    yetanotherdave
    Community Member

Pleased to see this coming, shame I can't use it on my S6 that already has fingerprint scanning, but I suspect supporting a single stanard is a lot easier that seperate ones for samsung, htc, huwaei sony etc etc. If I was a developer I'd wait and support one API instead of several.

• Thanks for your understanding @yetanotherdave. That’s exactly how we feel. I hope older devices like the Galaxy S6 is able to support the new fingerprint APIs in Android Marshmallow in an upcoming update. That would be great!

• saad
    edited October 2015

@MntMan I hope that answers your question. Let us know if you have any other on your mind.

• I'm jealous to hear that you've already gotten your new Nexus, @deepdvd. :yum:

We're hoping to be able to get fingerprint unlock out in a beta release very soon. If you're interested in getting early access and being a beta tester, sign up for our beta newsletter. You'll get a download link to our APK, and an email to let you know when this is released.

• shawshaw
    shawshaw
    Community Member

I can't find any mention of this. I think 1Password was even included in the new Nexus announcement, but it appears it's not available yet?

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:nexus imprint

• @shawshaw We don't have a public release that includes fingerprint support just yet, but we are hoping to get it into beta soon. Just above, Peri mentions how to join the beta team if you are interested to. :)

• saad
    edited October 2015

Thanks for the sample code @nkoriyama. We have the fingerprint interface dialog working, as you can see on our blog post.

Edit: Updated comment to clarify response.

• bdbplatano
    bdbplatano
    Community Member

@saad I don't know what that means but seeing the words "fingerprint" and "complete" in the same sentence makes me gitty that there's been progress. Keep up the awesome work!!

• We are making really good progress with fingerprint unlock. We can’t wait to share it! Thanks @bdbplatano :)

• Arm
    Arm
    Community Member

Sorry if this is already in, I am still waiting for my phone to arrive but it's the one feature I'm really excited to use daily. If it's not in yet hen maybe you guys could tell when we will have it in beta at least?

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• grantbey
    grantbey
    Community Member

Co-sign. It's the only reason I haven't yet switched from Lastpass.

• Thanks for the interest in fingerprint unlock! We're excited to use this feature as well. :) That said, we're not quite ready to release an update with fingerprint unlock, and we'll still need to test it in beta when we are ready. If you're interested in being a beta tester, just sign up here.

That way, you'll get notified first when fingerprint unlock is available!

• BoyBlunder
    BoyBlunder
    Community Member

Please add me to the "need this now" list! I've got it installed on my Nexus 6P, and it's painful not having the fingerprint sensor work. I'm even using the beta, and it's not even in that :(

• Fingerprint isn't in the beta just yet, @BoyBlunder, but we're hoping it won't be too much longer now! I'm with you in the "need this now" boat, and I don't even have a new 6P yet (but I'm jealous that you do). :lol:

• tedder
    tedder
    Community Member

looking forward to this. I'm on the beta list, but not sure when we'll get the love.

• Thanks for letting us know! We always :love: our beta testers, but hopefully fingerprint unlock will be coming soon, too!

• My 6P just arrived today, and I am very excited for the fingerprint scanner to work with 1Password.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Panopticon: We are too! We're working on it. :chuffed:

• Arm
    Arm
    Community Member

Joined the beta team and waiting for fingerprint feature :) Do we have any timeframe on when to expect beta?

This discussion has been closed.