Mac iCloud syncing

abel
abel
Community Member

I have 2 macs running El Capitan 10.11.1 and 2 OS devices running 9.1. I can't seem to sync all the devices using iCloud and it's completely frustrating. Please help! I'm using 1Password 5.4.1 on both Macs.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: ug:mac/new-computer, ug:mac/new-computer-wi-fi, ug:mac/new-computer-icloud, kb:icloud-faq, kb-search:sync iCloud El Capitan

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

Probably the best place to start is by looking at this knowledge base article:

Troubleshooting iCloud sync issues

As you've not told us the 1P for Mac and 1P for iOS versions you're using you'll want to check particularly carefully the iCloud set up and requirements referred to in that article.

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @abel,

You mention version 5.4.1 which indicates the AgileBits Store version of 1Password for Mac. Due to restrictions only apps or applications obtained from one of Apple's stores has permission to access the iCloud related frameworks. It means only 1Password for mac (Mac App Store) can offer iCloud Sync while 1Password for Mac (AgileBits Store) is not allowed to do so. How would you feel about Dropbox? It's a sync method available across all versions and platforms and will allow you to sync the two Macs and iOS devices. Hopefully it will be an acceptable alternative.

• abel
    abel
    Community Member

Thanks for the info. I just set up the sync with DropBox.

• @abel Awesome! On behalf of littlebobbytales, you're most welcome. If you have any other questions, feel free to let us know. :)

This discussion has been closed.