Vulnerability Alerts smart groups?

mattt
mattt
Community Member

Two questions really:
(1) Is it possible to set up a Smart Group that includes every, and only, logins that are red-flagged with Vulnerability Alerts? It would be a lot faster and easier than going through each entry one at a time.

(2) Why did my Mac version login items show Vulnerability Alerts before I actually turned Watchtower on? Is it because I had turned Watchtower on in my Windows version and it flagged the entries in a way the Mac version picked up?

Thanks.

1Password Version: 5.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• mattt
    mattt
    Community Member

Ah...okay...So I just noticed the appearance of a Security Audit section with a Watchtower category in the sidebar. Didn't notice it before because I have a lot of folders and Smart Folders and it was just hidden out of view. That's very handy and addresses question number (1).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mattt: Ah excellent! I was wondering why it might not show up for you. I do believe I've 'misplaced' it among the myriad tags and folders myself from time to time. ;)

I believe your second question relates to a bug we had previously, which should be fixed in the current version. Be sure to update and let us know if you continue having this Watchtower issue! :)

• mattt
    mattt
    Community Member

Will do, thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Any time! And we're here if you need anything else. :chuffed:

• MarcC
    MarcC
    Community Member

Related to the vulnerability alert, I just erased then added a new password to one of my entries, and the vulnerability alert is still there. Should your system notice I deleted and added a new password and remove the red header?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @MarcC,

When you say erased and added a new password, can I ask what steps you took? I tried updating a password by having the extension ask on a change password form and I also manually edited an item and replaced the old password with a new one. In both cases the vulnerability banner was removed. My understanding is we look at the password timestamp and compare it to the timestamp for the vulnerability alert stored in the Watchtower database. If this is what you did then I'm not sure why it hasn't worked for you so we'll need to explore to figure this out.

This discussion has been closed.