Can't access 1 PW after installing windows 8.1

Downgraded from windows 10 to windows 8.1. Downloaded 1PW on windows 8.1 but I can't access my passwords. I chosed "I have used 1PW before" but a response comes up saying ".....................is not a 1PW vault". I just need to know how to get access to my passwords by using my main password as before

1Password Version: 4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 8.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Can't access 1 PW after installing windows 8.1

Comments

• silverglow
    silverglow
    Community Member

Had 1 PW on windows 10. Downgraded back to 8.1. I downloaded 1PW and choosed "1 have used 1 PW before" but got information saying "......... is not a valid vault". Is there a way I can get acces to my original 1PW witth all my stored passwords?

1Password Version: 4
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: windows 8.1
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search: Can't open 1 password after downgrading to windows 8.1

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@silverglow: You seem to have created two nearly identical new discussions, so I've merged them.

No matter what OS version you're coming from or going to, you'll need your actual vault (either and .agilekeychain or .opvault) in order to open your existing data. Did you copy this over before reinstalling? Do you have a backup, or sync'd to another device? Please let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• silverglow
    silverglow
    Community Member

No, I don't any back up to vault

• Hi @Silverglow,

If you open Windows File Explorer and go to your Documents folder, do you see the 1Password folder? If yes, go into it, do you see 1Password.agilekeychain and/or Backups folder?

This discussion has been closed.