1Password or 1Password 5 what is the difference

Elj6492
Elj6492
Community Member

I originally downloaded the 1Password trial version from Agile website. After using it for some time I wanted to license it. But because of wanting the cloud feature I downloaded the licensed version from Apple App store and recommended from knowledge base. Now I have both 1Password and 1Password 5 on my Mac, as well on my mobile devices. I am wanting to use what ever I need but would like the convenience of the cloud as I am not always around my Mac to get a sync of information. What do I need to do at this time to straighten things out.
My 1Password is version 5.4 from the app store, and the 1Password5 is 5.4 agile store according to the about info.

1Password Version: 1Password 5.4 app store/1Password 5 5.4 agile
Extension Version: 4.4.4
OS Version: OS X 10.11.1
Sync Type: desire cloud, right now dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:1Password or 1Password 5 what is the difference

Comments

• Hey @Elj6492! It sounds like you simply have the AgileBits Store version of the app and the Mac App Store version. To resolve this, move the AgileBits Store version to the trash, since you purchased the Mac App Store version and have decided to stick with that. You can tell the difference between the versions by following the steps in this article. The AgileBits Store copy will likely be the one named "1Password 5.app" but it's always good to double check. Once you remove it you'll be all set for smooth sailing. Let us know if that helps. :)

• Elj6492
    Elj6492
    Community Member

Ok, maybe I have this backwards. Upon looking before I deleted anything I noticed that the license is in the 1Password 5 which is like you said from the AgileBits Store. Ok hence the reason it does not give the cloud feature for sync. Now my question is there a way to go from this to the app store version relativity easy, or do I need to purchase from the app store.

• @Elj6492 Aha, good findings! If you want to move to the Mac App Store version, the process is easy, but you will have to purchase the app again. If you got your license for 1Password from us in the past 30 days, we can refund you so you can purchase the Mac App Store version. Let us know what you'd like to do.

This discussion has been closed.