Which 1PW to install where?

gorham
gorham
Community Member

Well I've finally gotten an android smartphone. Admittedly it's a Tracfone smartphone but it is pretty cool. It's the LG Ultimate 2 and it's plenty "in over my head" for me! I think I want to install 1PW on it and when I start that process, I'm given the option to get Premium. Not sure what that is; it's been a long time since I shopped here. 8-) I thought to add the reader back on my Kindle but I don't see it offered. Gone? Anyway, I plan to use wi-fi for syncing. I should get the premium? Does that then require a change on my PC? Yeh, I'm muddle headed. Sorry.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.586, 4.5.3 (android)
Extension Version: 4.4.3
OS Version: 6.1.6701 Service Pack 1
Sync Type: wi-fi
Referrer: forum-search:which to install to match my 1pw on windows?

Comments

• saad
    edited October 2015

Hi again, @gorham. It has been a long time! The premium features in 1Password 4 give you the ability to add items, edit existing items and organize your items into folders. When you install 1Password, you have a 30 day free trial period of all the premium features to try out. Once the trial ends, these features will not be available without a purchase. At this point, 1Password will become a read-only application where you'll be able to view all of your items but not edit them without the premium features. A purchase is not required for sync to take place.

Speaking of sync, here's how to set up Wi-Fi sync between your PC and Android:

Windows

https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-windows/4/en/topic/syncing-over-wi-fi

Android

https://support.1password.com/guides/android/wifi.html

Let me know if you have any other questions.

• gorham
    gorham
    Community Member
    edited October 2015

Okay. Thanks for the explanation. I'm sure I'll go with the premium. But not yet. Read on.

I do have other questions (this will not come as a surprise to Mike!); you may want to split them out.

First, I can't get the master password accepted on the android. I've tried many times and have verified each (tedious) stroke. I've got Bonjour 2.0.2.0 installed right now; before that I installed bonjour64setup.exe but it also failed to accept my master password. So what to do?

Second, if I can get it working, will I have to type in my master every time I use 1PW on the android? That very well could have me changing to a dummied down password on both.

Next, when I access 1PW on the android, it starts with the tutorial and I don't know how to bypass it and/or get rid of it once I'm using the product. Thoughts?

Finally, is there still a 1Password Reader for my Kindle Fire HDx?

Well, you asked! :|

• gorham
    gorham
    Community Member
    edited October 2015

Double post. Ignore this please.

• gorham
    gorham
    Community Member

Okay. I knew that was too complicated for one post. Should I separate them out to make four individual posts?

Sorry about that.

I have an error report generated on the Android. I wanted to see what was in it so I had it sent to me and now I forget the address it wanted to go to. Not my best day, huh?

-G.

• Hey @gorham. No worries! I'll be happy to help get this sorted out. :)

First off, the tutorial will only show until you set up a vault. Once you have a vault on your Android, every time you launch 1Password you'll be greeted by either the Master Password screen, the PIN screen, or the last screen you left, depending on what security settings you have set.

You don't necessarily always have to enter your Master Password, either. You can enable a PIN code if you like, which will be required every time you launch 1Password for as long as it stays running in the background. However, every time the app is fully exited (or the device rebooted), you'll need to enter the Master Password again, as it's the only way to decrypt the vault contents.

Now let's see why your Master Password isn't being accepted on Android. Can you confirm that your Master Password consists of characters within the standard ASCII character set? Or does it have any special characters in it? Also, are you specifically seeing an "Incorrect Master Password" error after entering, or is it simply getting stuck on "validating Master Password?"

• gorham
    gorham
    Community Member
    edited October 2015

Hi. Must be your magic. I tried it again to get the sequences to give you and, lo and behold, it worked. But then I got an "Error during Wi-Fi Sync". I've sent you the report. When I try to access 1PW on the android, it's gone back to before any sync activity. So successful but then not so much. Yikes!

Okay so the sequence was:

• Android asked me for secret. I opened 1PW desktop and the sync option and got the secret which I entered.
    • The PC then went blank and asked for the master (that's the usual behavior when I first ask for the master) which I entered.
    • Then the Android asked me for the master which it seemed to accept.
    • Then a period of what appeared to be syncing.
    • Then the "Error during Wi-Fi Sync" message.

... and I sent the report.

-G.

• Thanks for the update! I'll look up your email and we can continue the conversation there. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.