Moving from SplashID to upgraded 1Password: Can't create categories, use icon library....

zollinmh
zollinmh
Community Member

In trying to move to 1Password, I've been stymied by my inability to create custom categories. Also, I'd like to use my own choices of custom icons, color coded in the categories. E.g., I'd like to have 3 or 4 different color icons for subcategories within "Logins", say for Bank logins, Merchant logins, Social media logins, etc. These subcategories should be sortable by those features. That could be facilitated by a library that I could add icons to for repeated use without going externally to my hard drive.
Right now, I think I may stay with SplashID, because I can do much more of that in Splash, even though it's not perfect.
Do you have options along those lines?

1Password Version: 5.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.10.2
Sync Type: WiFi
Referrer: ug:mac/, ug:mac/add-a-custom-icon, ug:mac/add-custom-fields, ug:mac/set-field-type, ug:mac/create-an-item

Comments

• Hey @zollinmh! Thanks for considering 1Password. :) At the moment you are correct — the app doesn't support creating custom categories. However, an alternative may be to create folders to keep such things as sub-category items that you mentioned organized nicely. You can create a folder in the Mac app by clicking the File menu and selecting New Folder. You can name it whatever you'd like and move items to it by simply dragging and dropping them. Does that sound like something that would help organize your data?

I've also made a note of your feature request for our developers to look over. I can't promise anything, but we'll take it into consideration. :)

ref: OPM-1643

This discussion has been closed.