KeepassX import and pricing strategy

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member

Hi

Is there a way to import password from KeepassX 2.0 Alpha 4? KeepassX doesn't allow export, not even in csv format. So, I can't import my passwords to 1P. Do I have to type it all up by hand? :p

Also: how often do they release new version and I need to pay up?

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @henders! Our awesome forum moderator and converter connoisseur MrC has a thread with all the 1Password converters he has created over here: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/30286/mrcs-convert-to-1password-utility/p1

KeypassX is included in the list, so I'd recommend taking a look at things and seeing if that thread helps. If you have any questions related to it, feel free to post them over there. You shouldn't have to type all your data by hand. ;)

Also: how often do they release new version and I need to pay up?

In the past, we've released new versions every year or so. The last paid upgrade was from version 3 to version 4, and there was a discount for any version 3 users so they didn't have to pay full price. We don't talk about new developments, but that's what we've done in the past, to give you a bit of an idea. :) Hope that helps!

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@henders

Keepass X 2.0 Alpha does not support an export. You have to export using Keepass2 to read the KeepassX 2.0 database, then you can export as XML and use the keepass2 converter. This is mentioned in the README.pdf file.

• @henders Just wanted to follow up with you on this. Was MrC's answer able to shed any light on things? Let us know if there's anything we can do to help.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

Hi MrC

Wondering where can I download keepass2. This website doesn't say where to download it from http://keepass.info/download/p_macosx/index.html#web

Thanks.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited November 2015

Hi @henders,

I haven't used Keepass 2 on OS X in ages, since frankly, the experience and support for that platform was terrible. It required both Quartz, and the Mono libraries (to emulate .Net). The Mono + Keepass 2 combination was horribly buggy, and neither side very receptive to addressing issues in a timely fashion. In fact, that's why I left Keepass 2 and placed it into the Vault of Distant Memories.

I checked out info at the link you posted - it appears that support on OS X has gotten even worse. Frankly, I'd say, don't bother trying to get it to run. Find a friendly PC (or emulated PC environment via Wine, Parallels, or VMWare) and use it along with your Keepass 2 file and the Windows Keepass 2 portable version on a thumbdrive, and do the export there. You can then take that resulting XML file and convert it on either Windows or OS X.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

Hi @MrC

Big thanks to you! I converted it in Windows and imported everything successfully.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@henders,

Excellent! Thanks for the follow-up.

Enjoy 1Password.

• @henders So glad to hear MrC was able to help you out with this. :) If you have any other questions, we're here to help out.

This discussion has been closed.