It takes two attempts to unlock 1Password from the menu bar.

When I unlock my vault from the Menu Bar I get the message below.
On the second attempt, it always opens.
Windows 10, Chrome, Dropbox.
This might have started when I upgraded to Win 10.
The main program always opens on the first attempt.

"Unable to unlock 1Password Vault.
Your 1Password Vault could not be unlocked with the password you provided.
Please verify the password and try again."

Comments

• Russell Reno
    Russell Reno
    Community Member

4.6.0.586 (12)
    Dropbox

• Russell Reno
    Russell Reno
    Community Member

I just updated the main program to
    It took two attempts to open the program.
    This is new behavior.

• MikeT
    edited October 2015

Hi @Russell Reno,

We've seen weird glitches like this from folks who upgraded to Windows 10 but we weren't able to reproduce it ourselves.

Do you have a special character in your master password (do not tell us what it is here) and if so, can you check to make sure the system's locale and keyboard settings are the same as the one you had in Windows 7/8 before the upgrade to Windows 10? A lot of people had certain settings reset because of the upgrade.

If you do have a special character, try typing it in Notepad first and see if it is writing the same character as you expect.

• Russell Reno
    Russell Reno
    Community Member

I do not have a special character in my password.
    I've read elsewhere that an upgrade to win10 (not a clean install) will cause some instability.

Please advise.

• Hi @Russell Reno,

We're not entirely sure that your 1Password issue is related to Windows upgrade, it might not be but it's not the first time we've heard of it. As for upgrading, it's not a sure thing that it will cause instability but it does increase the risk depending on how long your Windows install has been in use. Are you seeing any other glitches with other programs beside the ones in 1Password?

Let's try a few things to see if we can fix 1Password without doing anything to Windows.

Can you tell me if you've tried reinstalling 1Password completely yet? If not, email us your 1Password diagnostic report first, so we can give you the instructions on how to proceed. Use this guide to generate the report, it'll include the email address of where you can email it to us and, in the email, also include the link to this thread along with your forum username.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can look for it, and confirm we got the email.

• Hi @Russell Reno,

Can you try something for me: open 1Password, type the first character but backspace to delete it and retype the password, does it then work the first time?

• Russell Reno
    Russell Reno
    Community Member
    • Can you try something for me: open 1Password, type the first character but backspace to delete it and retype the password, does it then work the first time?

No!

• Russell Reno
    Russell Reno
    Community Member

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can look for it, and confirm we got the email.

Done

• Hi @Russell Reno!

We've received the email and will continue the conversation there.

Cheers

ref: HKN-99155-331

This discussion has been closed.