I just purchased 1Password from your site yesterday and now find out it doesn't do iCloud Sync.

palev
palev
Community Member

I did not realize there was a difference in the apps between your site and the mac app store. How do I get the one that can do iCloud sync without having to pay again.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:1passwordanywhere, kb:icloud-faq, kb:icloud-requires-mac-app-store

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

You purchased so recently that you can get a refund and buy again from the Mac App Store.

Myself I am not convinced that there is any good reason to change. Dropbox sync is available on all versions, and is technically at least as good as iCloud.

But it's your decision. If you are sure you want iCloud sync, just confirm in this thread that you want a refund. If the email address you used for buying is the same as the one used for the forum, AgileBits will just organise a refund. If the email addresses are different, AgileBits will ask for a bit more information and then will give the refund.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @palev,

I've gone ahead and refunded your last purchase. The reason I didn't wait was when I went to check if I could find your purchase I found you already had a 1Password 5 for Mac licence so regardless of the outcome of the iCloud Sync discussion, you're covered from a previous purchase and did not need the last licence you bought.

So where does this leave you? Sadly iCloud Sync support does require the additional purchase of 1Password for Mac (Mac App Store) as we're unable to transfer an existing licence or even offer a discount for existing users as the Mac App Store supports neither functionality. If you decide that Dropbox is an acceptable alternative though you are already covered for 1Password 5 for Mac (AgileBits Store) and I resent you your licences to cover this possibility.

If you have questions do please ask.

• palev
    palev
    Community Member

Thank you very much! Great service!

Phil

• @palev On behalf of littlebobbytables, you're most welcome! If you have any other questions, feel free to let us know. :)

This discussion has been closed.