Both my husband and I have iPads. He set up his, I mine, yet now it asks for my password on his!

Options
beckyneilsen
beckyneilsen
Community Member

We both have iPads, connected to the same iTunes account. I bought the pro features. He set up his 1password vault and I did mine, yet now on his it asks for MY master password not his! How do I get it back to his? I tried changing vaults but his isn't available for some reason. Everything is the most current versions on both iPads. Sorry don't have the version numbers.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:two different 1password accounts but asking for same password

Comments

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @beckyneilsen

Sorry for the troubles you are running into with your iPads. Do you know how both of your vaults are synced to your iPads? If you are using Dropbox can you please verify within 1Password that you are indeed syncing the right vault to the right iPad? You can find out which sync method you use and which vault you sync under Settings > Sync > Sync Service.

• beckyneilsen
    beckyneilsen
    Community Member
    Options

I don't see an option on his to sync differently in Dropbox, no choice between his or mine. There is only 1 dropbox account. Do I need to set one up for him?

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@beckyneilsen you will be offered all vaults which are available in your Dropbox during setup of 1Password. Can you please make sure your husbands and your vault are both in Dropbox?

• beckyneilsen
    beckyneilsen
    Community Member
    Options

Yes Winnie, they are both there in Dropbox. I do notice though, that on his iPad in Vaults, there is only the Primary. On mine there is Primary, his, and another that I apparently duplicated.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @beckyneilsen,

Can I ask, do you only use 1Password on your iPads or do you use it elsewhere too? The reason I ask there is a particular quirk with 1Password for iOS and I'm wondering how you got round it. When you first try to synchronise to Dropbox, if there is no Agile Keychain present it will ask to create one. For the typical first use that's exactly what you want. If 1Password for iOS finds existing data though it won't offer the option of creating a new Agile Keychain. So if your goal is for both of you to have separate vaults, both synced to Dropbox but you also want his as a secondary vault then it's certainly possible but there would be a number of steps involved otherwise the most likely scenario is that both of you connect to the same Agile Keychain and you end up with a single vault that would be unlocked with just one Master Password.

Now if you were also using 1Password for Mac (for example) it is quite possible to create two separate Agile Keychains in a single Dropbox account but even then it does require a couple of careful steps. So my suspicion is both iPads are fixating on the same Agile Keychain even if there is more than one present. You can check this by open 1Password for iOS and then go to Settings > Sync and tapping the top line which should say Sync Service Dropbox. On that page you should see a line at the top that says Dropbox and under that a path e.g. /apps/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain. If it shows the same path on both devices then that would certainly explain why your husband's is now asking for your Master Password - it's treating the two devices as accessing the same vault. We can untangle if this is the case but the first thing we need to do is determine if I'm on the right track at all and then we can proceed.

• beckyneilsen
    beckyneilsen
    Community Member
    Options

I believe you are correct. We both set these up then I synced to my PC through Dropbox I believe. As I previoulsy stated, on my iPad I have 3 choices of vaults, 1 being his, but on his it only shows the Prinary vault. Not real sure why. Unfortunately I am away fron home and won't be able to follow through with this for a week

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @beckyneilsen,

So it sounds like the best route would be to wait until you're back and then we tackle the issue. We'll still be here and ready to help once you're more settled and have the time to get this problem sorted out :smile:

• beckyneilsen
    beckyneilsen
    Community Member
    Options

I believe you are correct. As I said on his it only lists a primary and on mine, the original, it list both his and mine. I did sync by WiFi to my Windows computer After both were created though to have as backup.
    I just need to figure out now how to get his back to his own, original vault ans password.

This discussion has been closed.