IOS sites not filling properly

Options
drrich
drrich
Community Member

I love the product and I have used it for years. Despite that, what I see is you making constant enhancements to the product and making very technical changes in features which probably affect a small proportion of the users. My issue is that there are many sites in which 1Password either does not recognize the site at all, or just not filling in the user ID or password or both. I would like to see more effort directed toward solving these basic rather than esoteric problems. Also, is there a troubleshooting mechanism for sites that are consistently not filled in by 1password? Thank you. you

Comments

• sherifelabd
    sherifelabd
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same exact issues.
    (iPhone 6S plus & iOS 9.1)
    PLEASE fix this issue.

• sherifelabd
    sherifelabd
    Community Member
    Options

Any reply? Any upgrade?

• Ben
    Ben
    edited October 2015
    Options

Hi folks,

Could you please give me an example of a site that is not filling properly? Please tell me:

• The URL to the login page
    • Is it not working in 1Browser, Safari (using the extension), or both?
    • Have you tried saving a new login?

Also, is there a troubleshooting mechanism for sites that are consistently not filled in by 1password?

There is. Because sites sometimes change their login pages, and your login may have been saved many moons ago, it is generally recommended to try saving a new login as a first troubleshooting step. Please follow these directions to do so:

https://support.1password.com/guides/ios/create-new-login-safari.html

(you'll need to enable the extension in Safari first: https://support.1password.com/guides/ios/enable-extension.html )

Please let me know.

Ben

• sherifelabd
    sherifelabd
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben
    The browser I'm using thats not working on many sites is iOS Safari. Even when I tried to save with the now login it's still not filling. It used to work perfectly :((

• sherifelabd
    sherifelabd
    Community Member
    Options

By the way the Safari keychain on the same sites is still working well. I don't know if this info is important or not, but I thought it would help.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks, @sherifelabd

What are the URLs to the login pages of the sites that are not working?

Ben

• sherifelabd
    sherifelabd
    Community Member
    Options

And some others that I don't remember now, but I will post the links on the go

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sherifelabd,

We do struggle with pages where the login portion of the page is inside of an IFrame. It's a way of loading another web page inside the one you've loaded without any obvious sign to the user. We can successfully fill such sites on Mac and Windows but for reasons unknown to me we do struggle with iOS.

As far as EGYPTIAN Plus goes can you try something for me please. Now the following doesn't always work, it depends on the site but often I find that if you visit the login page directly you can have more luck. I haven't found a site where filling doesn't work on the actual page, the question becomes whether the site will let you log in or if the main page was doing extra work or setting of parameters in the background. So the URL I would like you to try is http://www.egyptairplus.com/StandardWebsite/Login.jsp. Firstly, can you manually log in? If you can I believe if you create a Login item using our Create a new Login item in Safari guide that it will work. Please do let us know how it proceeds :smile:

• sherifelabd
    sherifelabd
    Community Member
    edited October 2015
    Options

I tried what you mentioned, but it's still not working

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @sherifelabd,

Sadly if it isn't possible to directly interact with the page the IFrame loads then we've exhausted our options for the moment. The trick of loading the IFrame page doesn't always work and I know we've had one company say they can't recommend it but until we find a solution to IFrames on iOS we're a bit stuck. I'm sorry it didn't work for EGYPTIAN Plus.

When you say it isn't working, I take it manually logging in with that dedicated URL didn't work at all.

• sherifelabd
    sherifelabd
    Community Member
    Options

:((
    Yes it didn't work at all. I can only sign in by either entering the info by typing or by the keychain.

Hopefully this can be resolved soon. Good luck

• Thank you, @sherifelabd. We have reported this problem internally and will hopefully be able to figure out a fix for it. Until then it sounds like manually typing, copying/pasting the username and password, or relying on the iOS keychain for that site are the only available answers at the moment.

• sherifelabd
    sherifelabd
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks

• Ben
    Options

You are very welcome. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.