Downloading and configuring 1Password on the Samsung Galaxy S2

Options
Alex161
Alex161
Community Member
edited November 2015 in Android

Does anyone here have the Galaxy S2 phone using 1Password? If so, does it work OK with no difficlties. I am using 1Pasword on my Windows PC and iPad4, but not sure if I can use it with GS2.

Malcolm

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Alex161! Do you know what Android OS version your Galaxy S2 is running? 1Password 4 for Android requires a OS version of 4.0 or higher.

We have a Galaxy S2 with Android 4.1.2 and 1Password seems to be running without any problems there. We love to help you get 1Password working on your Galaxy S2 too. Let me know the OS version and we will continue from there! :)

• Alex161
    Alex161
    Community Member
    edited November 2015
    Options

Thanks for the reply. I am using the OS as 4.1.2, same as yours, so it should be OK for 1 Password. Does this sync with your PC the way I can pick up on my iPad4?

Also, I have been looking at Anti-Viris software and have been using AVG for some time on my Windows PC. I therefore thought of using that for the Galaxy S2.
    What anti-virus do you run on yours?

Alex

• Great! Yes, you will be able to sync with your PC, just like your iPad. Are you using Dropbox or Wi-Fi sync to sync between your PC and iPad?

I don't use an antivirus software on my Android devices, so I can't comment on AVG! :)

• Alex161
    Alex161
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, Dropbox & Wi-Fi are used. Thanks for your help. I will be downloading 1Password for my phone soon.

Malcolm

• Alex161
    Alex161
    Community Member
    Options

Recon I must be a bit thicker than most, as I am always asking questions that are probably simple for others.

I have established that 1Password will load onto my Android phone - Samsung Galaxy S2 with OS 4.1.2, so this is what I would like to do.

Having gone to the Web site, I download 1Password Manager via Algibits 3 Pegi3 (whatever that means) and all it leads me to is starting a new account, when I lareday have a Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit account. There is no option that indicates what to do if there is an exiasting account and that is what I need so that both accounts can be linked and synced

Am I missing something, because I wish to have the same master password for the Windopws as I will for the mobile phone?

I need a little more help please, as I am back to square one, haviing uninstalled the download onto my phone

Thanks

Malcolm

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• Awesome. You can download 1Password for Android here:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.agilebits.onepassword

And follow this guide to configure Dropbox sync on 1Password for Android:

https://support.1password.com/guides/android/first-launch.html

That's it! You should be able to view all of your data on Android now. Let me know if that works for you!

• Alex161
    Alex161
    Community Member
    Options

The problem I see is how do I download this when I already have an account. Is there an area to do this?

• What do you mean by account? Do you mean 1Password vault?

If you follow that link I posted above on your Android device, it will take you to the 1Password app download screen in Google Play. You can also manually launch Google Play and search for 1Password to download the app.

• Alex161
    Alex161
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry I meant Vault.. I have managed to load 1Pasword onto my phone and Dropbox, but 1Password thinks it is to set up a new Vault and I cannot understand the https://support.1password.com/guides/android/first-launch.html and where to load that into, the phone, Dropbox, or PC. Have to rush out now but will get back to this in the morning. Thanks so far.

Malcolm

• Alex161
    Alex161
    Community Member
    Options

I would like to hear more in reply to my last post please. How do I get my mobile linking with my PC, Dropbox and 1Password. PLease explain in very simple terms so that I can understand. Thanks

Malcolm

• Alex161
    Alex161
    Community Member
    edited November 2015
    Options

Tried to google this https://support.1password.com/guides/android/first-launch.html on the mobile and although it stated that you can choose between a new set up or an existing one, it continued ONLY for a new set up and gave no op[tion to use the vault that I already have. It also seems that I have downloaded the 1Pasword and paid for it by mistake, so that was wrong, but not overworried about that as I would not bother with free trial as I know how good 1Password is already. That was obviously wrong, so am looking for the next step to take ...... as clearly as possible please? I may also have an incorrect card from the time I lost cards and changed them, so need to check that.

Malcolm

• peri
    edited November 2015
    Options

Hey @Alex161. I'm happy to help get 1Password your Android device syncing with the correct vault. :)

1Password 4 for Android allows you to select your data folder from any path, but once you have selected the path, it does not allow you to change it without resetting the application. So if you decide to move your 1Password data folder to a different location after setting up 1Password for Android, you will need to reset all of 1Password's settings to set the new data location. This is the only way to set the new path at the moment.

Here's what you will need to do to reset the data and start over.. This will remove all of your data on your Android device, so please make sure to securely copy any new items you added on Android that have not synced over.

• Go into your device Settings > Apps > 1Password and tap "Clear data"

This time, when you launch 1Password on your Android, you should be greeted with screen on the page you linked, where you have the option to create a new vault or sync with an existing one. Choose "I've used 1Password before," followed by "Sync using Dropbox." Then, if prompted to do so, login to Dropbox. After you login to Dropbox (or if you're already logged in), you'll see the list of available vaults. Choose the correct vault and then enter your Master Password. That should do it!

Let us know how this goes. Thanks!

• Alex161
    Alex161
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, but I do not fully understand your first paragraph regarding paths. Once I have loaded 1Password correctly from Dropbox onto my phone, I can see no reason to move it unless I change phones in the future. Is that what you may be referring to? If that is the case, would that affect 1Password on my PC as well, or just mean starting again with another download on another phone.

Also, by clearing all **Data, **does that clear all the applications I have loaded, like Dropbox etc? In which case I would need to re-load dropbox again. Sorry to be so thick about this but I am not too clever with phones or PC's etc. Whats the best way to clear & save the data?

Other than that, I think I can see how to proceed.

Malcolm

• Alex161
    Alex161
    Community Member
    edited November 2015
    Options

Hi again Peri, I have just realised something, which is the 1Password on Dropbox does not let me get into the vault, so is incomplete. It says 1PasswoprdAnywhere:Akey data file could not be loaded. Come to think of it, I have never looked into 1Password from Dropbox, only from my iPad which is OK. Never realised that Dropbox did not have the complete details, so we would need to do that first I believe by getting the information from mt Windows PC??

Just looked at my phone and see thatthere are a lot of files in 1Password that are blank and when pressed ask for something to open them with. I tried HTML and Internet and Dropbox text but nothing happens. THis may be something to do with what you are proposing? However, the 1Password4 in Dropbox on my PC does have the access for master password, so that works

Just been thinking this through again. If I can access 1Passwod through Dropbox on my Android phone, do I actually NEED the 1Password as a stand alone. It is only so that I can look at my 1Password Vault with my mobile on odd occassions? This may be easier if Dropbox can do this on Android?

Malcolm

• peri
    edited November 2015
    Options

Hi @Alex161. With regards to the paths, this means that you can choose a vault from anywhere you like (or create one anywhere you like) on first launch. However, once you've configured sync with a single vault so that the first launch screen is gone, and instead you're greeted with the Master Password prompt, this means that you're syncing with that vault and can't switch to another.

It sounds like on the first launch screen you ended up creating a new vault, which is why you're not able to connect now with the vault from your PC. You'll need to reset the app data in order to start over and sync with that vault.

Also, by clearing all **Data, **does that clear all the applications I have loaded, like Dropbox etc?

No. Clearing the app data simply resets 1Password itself. It will clear everything from inside 1Password, but not from Dropbox or any other apps. your vault will still be intact in Dropbox.

As to the issue you're having getting into the vault using 1PasswordAnywhere, it sounds like you're trying to access 1PasswordAnywhere through your device's local storage. Local file restrictions mean most browsers won't run JavaScript if loaded from your local storage. This is why you're not able to access 1PasswordAnywhere from Dropbox folders themselves. To access 1PasswordAnywhere, you'll need to do so through a web browser rather than through local storage.

That is, log into https://www.dropbox.com in a web browser (like Chrome or Firefox). Locate the 1Password.agilekeychain folder and open the 1Password.html file you find inside. You should be able to access 1PasswordAnywhere that way without issues. :)

With all that said, I think it might be best if I take a look at both devices before proceeding. I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports from your Android device and your PC:

---Android---
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/android.html

---Windows---
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/win.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+android@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• Alex161
    Alex161
    Community Member
    edited November 2015
    Options

Hi Peri
    I have managed to get a diagnostic report for the Windows 1Password, but am not able to get a report from the Android phone as 1Password4 is not fully downloaded, only the basics as if I was going to set up a new Vault. Any suggestions? Have e-mailed the Windows report a moment ago.
    Malcolm

• Thanks! I've located your report. I'll take a look and we can continue this conversation via email. :)

This discussion has been closed.