Have Windows & iPad iOS - Adding Android?

Options
Alex161
Alex161
Community Member
edited November 2015 in Android

Hi Guys, I already have 1Passwiord working well on my Windows 7utimate 64 bit and on my iPad4. I have just 'updated' my mobile to my Son's old phone, the Samsung Galaxy S2 and wondered if 1Password can be added to this android phone. If so, will they link like the PC and iPad, or o I hsav to do something else manually to keep them synced. Many thanks

Malcolm

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Alex161
    Alex161
    Community Member
    Options

Forgot to say that my S2 runs on 4.1.2 which I believe is Jellybean, but I am not good at these things.

Malcolm

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2015
    Options

@Alex161: You can get 1Password for Android from the Google Play store. I believe it will work on 4.0 and up (and therefore your S2), but I'll be honest — I'm more of a Windows guy. Go ahead and install the app. It's a free download, with an in-app purchase to unlock Premium Features. And if you're already using Dropbox to sync your vault between Windows and iOS, just set the Android app up to use that vault as well.

I'll move this discussion to the Android category of the forums where you'll have the attention of our awesome Android folks if you have any questions. :)

• Alex161
    Alex161
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. Much appreciated.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Any time! We're here if you need anything else. :chuffed:

• Alex161
    Alex161
    Community Member
    Options

Hi brenty,
    With 1Password on my Widows PC which syncs with my iPad4 and I also have Dropbox, do I simply need to have the dropbox on my Android phone to be able to see the 1Password saved on it and not actually need another 1Passwod on the phone? The Dropbox I have downloaded to my phone has 1Password 4 but Cazn't open word 4.Ink and just says please download an app that can open this file.

I have been thinking of the 1Password for the phone, but I I only need to Dropbox connection, pehaps that will do?
    Malcolm

• Hey Malcolm. 1PasswordAnywhere is a read-only solution. This means that you'll be able to view any data in Dropbox, but you can't add or edit items. Furthermore, you'll only be able to copy and paste with the information there.

I recommend using the 1Password app as it gives you more capabilities. Not only will you be able to view your data, but even without the purchase of Premium features, you'll be able to fill automatically using our custom keyboard or 1Browser.

That said, from within the 1Password.agilekeychain folder in Dropbox (making sure you're accessing it via the Dropbox website and not app), you'll want to click on the 1Password.html file in order to access 1PasswordAnywhere.

• Alex161
    Alex161
    Community Member
    edited November 2015
    Options

Hi Peri,

Actually, I do not expect to add or change any items in 1Password with my mobile phone. The information is wanted only to be able to remind me of certain passwords as required. All other additions or changes would be done on my PC or on my iPad. Therefore the 1PasswordAnywhere, which I did not know existed, sounds ideal.

I did access Dropbox to find the 1Password.html file for this but when clicked on 1Password.agilekeychain it came up with a box and red lettering saying Problem loading 1 Password data file a key data file could not be loaded and 1Password Anywhere cannot continue without it etc so would appreciate the details of how to proceed so I may see my Vault on my phone.

If at a later date I feel that the complete 1Password would be better, then I can start again. Presumably t5is would then be visable on my phone Dropbox?

Many thanks

Malcolm

• I did access Dropbox to find the 1Password.html file for this

To be clear, are you accessing Dropbox through the Dropbox app on your phone or from the Dropbox website (https://www.dropbox.com/) in a browser (like Chrome or Firefox)?

• Alex161
    Alex161
    Community Member
    edited November 2015
    Options

Accesing Dropbox on my PC through browser Chrome. When it opens I go into

Apps it brings up file of 1 Password, then clicked gets me to 1Password.agilekeychain - that gets me to files - a - data - 1Password.html click on that to bring me to the Vault. Entering my master password brings me to the same - Problem Loading 1 Pasword data file . I have today clicked on the help file, that gets you to this below, but I have not gone further **.

What it means to repair your vault.

In certain circumstances, our support team may ask you to repair your 1Password data. What does this mean? Here are some of the tasks performed by the File > Repair 1Password Vault menu option:

Tombstones older than 60 days are removed
    1PasswordAnywhere is updated
    The table of contents in 1PasswordAnywhere is repaired
    Ensures the “encrypted” property is valid (facilitates sync with 1Password for iOS)
    Obsolete custom icons are deleted
    What’s a tombstone?

Great question! It’s a kind of placeholder for items that have been deleted. Tombstones don’t contain any data; they just tell other versions of 1Password that the item has been deleted, so that when you sync, 1Password doesn’t think that the deleted item is new and recreate it for you.
    Malcolm

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Alex161: The browsers will not allow you to load the resources for 1PasswordAnywhere from your computer's local filesystem. You'll need to open it from the Dropbox website instead. I hope this helps! :)

• Alex161
    Alex161
    Community Member
    edited November 2015
    Options

Thankd Brenty, but I have did open it from a browser Chrome and not from my downloaded Dropbox. The above is the result "Problem Loading 1 Pasword data file" a key data file could not be loaded and 1 PasswordAnywhere cannot continuewithout it..........PLease see this help guide for troubleshooting tips ..... as said above.

Malcolm

Just went into troubleshooting and then opened 1Passwod clicked on repair and it said it was repaired. Gone into it again and now I am now in the Vault. What's next please to allow my android phone to view the 1Passwor on Dropbox. Would I then need to remove 1Password that was loaded onto the phone?

• Hey @Alex161. 1PasswordAnywhere works the same way on mobile as it does on PC. As long as you visit the Dropbox website in a browser, you'll be able to open the 1Password.html file and have read-only access to your data.

I emailed you yesterday with instructions for getting 1Password on your Android synced with your Dropbox vault. Can you please give that a shot and let us know how it goes? Thanks! :)

• Alex161
    Alex161
    Community Member
    edited November 2015
    Options

Thanks very much peri, I have already tried that on the mobile but when I try to enter 1Password4.Ink, I get the option to download or Open/Play. I tried Open/Play, but did not download as I had previously loaded the start of Dropbox onto the phone. Should I delete hat one first and then Download again ? I had also downloaded 1Password but could not go furteh with that. Should i now delete that? Forget that, I have uninstalled both and will try again with downloading Dropbox when asked and come back to you soon.

Malcolm

• Hey @Alex161. I've just responded to you via email. Please have a look and let's continue the conversation there. Thanks! :)

• Alex161
    Alex161
    Community Member
    edited November 2015
    Options

OK, so far so good, I have downloaded and moved through dropbox to a page saying - **Open with **( Internet - HTML Viewer - Dropbox Text Editor or Video Player.... and asking if just once or always ....which do I choose please?

• If you're opening the 1Password.html file in Dropbox, then open it using your browser (Internet). :)

• Alex161
    Alex161
    Community Member
    Options

Tried that but it comes up with 'Problem loading 1Pasword Date etc etc. Just booked a 1-1 on Monday and hope we can sort it out then.

I appreciate your help

Malcolm

• Interesting. It may be the browser you're using. We've also noticed that 1PasswordAnywhere doesn't always work as expected on mobile devices.

That said, we should be able to get it all sorted out on Monday. :)

This discussion has been closed.