1Password for Android stuck on "Looking for 1Password on your network" during initial setup.

Options
uthark
uthark
Community Member

I have 1Password installed on my mac (5.4.1).

I installed 1Password on my Android phone (4.5.3).

I started android app and selected sync existing vault.

On my mac I started WI-FI sync.

The issue is that android app is stuck on "Looking for 1Password on your network".

My WI-FI network uses 5GHz, not 2.4GHz.

WI-FI is up and running correctly on both phone and macbook ( I can access internet, etc).

Please help to resolve the issue.

Thank you.

1Password Version: 4.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X El Capitan
Sync Type: Wi-Fi Sync
Referrer: forum-search:1Password for Android stuck on "Looking for 1Password on your network" during initial setup.

Comments

• Hey @uthark. Let's see what the problem is here. :)

It's possible that something is blocking our discovery service from connecting to Bonjour on your Mac. Do you have the OS X firewall enabled? If so, please open System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Firewall on the Mac, and then click the lock to make changes. Open up the firewall options and make sure that it is not set to "Block all incoming connections."

1Password on Android uses Network Service Discovery to connect with Apple’s Bonjour service for WiFi sync. Having the firewall set to block all incoming connections will block 1Password on your Android device from being able to communicate with 1Password on Mac.

Also, if you have the OS X Firewall enabled, please configure it according to these instructions:
    https://support.1password.com/configure-os-x-proxy/

Once you've done that, please try these steps:
    1. Open your Android device settings and turn WiFi off and back on
    2. On your Mac, click the WiFi icon in the menu bar and click Turn Wi-Fi Off and then turn it back on
    3. Make sure that your Android device is connected to the same WiFi network as your Mac
    4. Open 1Password 5 on your Mac and login with your Master Password
    5. From the menu bar, choose Window > Wi-Fi Sync. This will open the window with a secret code--make sure to leave that window open on your Mac through the whole sync process
    6. Go back to 1Password 4 for Android and choose "I've used 1Password before," followed by "Sync using Wi-Fi."

If your iPhone still doesn't see your Mac, please try unplugging your router for about 10 seconds and then trying it again. Let us know how this goes!

• uthark
    uthark
    Community Member
    Options

Firewall on my mac is off.

I double checked that both Phone and Macbook are in the same network.
    Restarting router doesn't help.
    Switching off and on WI-FI on both phone and macbook doesn't help.
    I tried to check sync on my iphone - same issue, doesn't work.

• Thanks for the update. I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports from your Android device and your Mac:

---Android---
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/android.html

---Mac---
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/mac.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+android@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.