Unable to login

As I was setting up our Team, I added a member, and added sync'd my Mac App with the team vaults. I then tried to login again, and nothing happened.

I checked the web inspector and there are a few javascript errors: "B5SymmetricKey decryption failed".

I know I am using the correct master password, since I saved it in my local 1Password :tongue: .

Some kind of vault corruption?

--Jud

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Judson
    Judson
    Community Member

I should also note, that when I use the wrong password, the verify request returns a 400 error code, and the sign-in button turns red. When I use the correct password, the sign-in button goes grey, and the only thing that happens is the behind-the-scenes decryption error.

• Hi @Judson,

Thanks for writing in, and sorry that this happened. We're working through an issue that would cause this. Make sure your email address has the same capitalization when you sign in via the Mac app and Web browser as it did when you signed in. We'll contact you will more information about this issue once we have the proper steps in place for how to fix it up.

Cheers.

Rick

• PilotConway
    PilotConway
    Community Member

I am having the same issue with both Firefox and Chromium on Linux. Looking forward to the fix!

Browser: Chromium 42.2311.152, Firefox 38.1.0

• Hi @PilotConway,

The fix is coming soon. The workaround for now is to make sure that you use the email address you signed up with, using the exact capitalization you used when you signed up.

Rick

• Judson
    Judson
    Community Member

@rickfillion I removed the team vault from the Mac app and tried to sign in using the exact email capitalization, but I'm now unable to sign in no matter the capitalization.

• PilotConway
    PilotConway
    Community Member

I tried the same capitalization initially and that didn't work for me. I've also tried all the other capitalizations I would have used and no luck.

I didn't do any removing of vaults though from other apps.

• We're still working on the fix for this. Affected users should be able to login to the website, but will currently not be able to login via the Mac app. We'll be emailing details to all affected users with instructions on how to get back on track as soon as things are ready on our side. We're really sorry for the inconvenience. Once you've followed the instructions in the email we'll send out, you should be able to login from the Mac app.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.