App gets stuck on syncing from Dropbox

pbryanw
pbryanw
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi, I've just done a fresh installation of 1Password Alpha for Windows 10, version 1.1511.50, after uninstalling the previous Alpha build.

My problem is that after logging into my Dropbox account, choosing my 1Password keychain, then typing my password in, the Modern App gets stuck on syncing with the sync dots constantly going round, and nothing appearing in the middle or right-most panes. This goes on indefinitely (longer than 30 minutes).

I was able to get the previous beta working, but keep running into this sync problem with the current one.

I'm using Windows 10 x64 (Windows Insider Preview Build 10565). Any help appreciated.

1Password Version: 1.1511.50
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 x64
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• @pbryanw could you please send us live log (Settings->Live log->Send button) after you try to open vault from Dropbox?

Normally it should get data in under a minute, I'd expect some error messages in live log.

Thanks

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member
    edited November 2015

@SergeyTheAgile - Many thanks for your quick reply & help. I have sent the live log to the DBrown email address. Unfortunately, every time I open the live log, the application eventually crashes, so the live log was taken at the last possible moment before I felt the app was going to crash.

Regards, Paul

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Thanks, Paul! We'll check for it at the support+windowsmodern@agilebits.com address.

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member
    edited November 2015

Thanks to the excellent support & troubleshooting from SergeyTheAgile - much appreciated! It turned out some of the file names in my vault were going over the current character limit for file names, causing the crashes. This was due to sync conflict files made by Dropbox appending the bad sync information to the file names, creating the really long file names in the process. Deleting these files enabled me to sync my keychain successfully with the Windows 10 Modern app.

Also, slightly off the thread topic, but are item folders coming back to the Modern App in the future, or am I missing the option to turn them on?

Thanks, Paul

• Thanks Paul, as you just described unusually long file names can cause crashes right now. Thanks to your help we are adding more checks to skip problematic files so you can access the rest of them with no issues.

Folders are temporary out, they will come back soon.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Eventually, @pbryanw, you might want to consider using tags, rather than folders.

This discussion has been closed.