What do I do if repairing the vault doesn't work?

Grimdotdotdot
Grimdotdotdot
Community Member

Hi - I followed the instructions for repairing my vault after getting a "encryptionKeys.js not found" error when I switched to a new (Android) phone, but the error didn't go away.

Is there anything else I can do?

1Password Version: 4.6.0.592
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 8
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb:dropbox-error-encryptionkeys, kb:privacy-rich-icons, kb:dropbox-error-encryptionkeys

Comments

• Hi @Grimdotdotdot,

Are you getting this message on your PC or on your Android device?

• Grimdotdotdot
    Grimdotdotdot
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT - I'm getting it on my Android.

• Hi @Grimdotdotdot,

I've moved your thread to the Android forum, so that our Android teammates can help you quickly.

Can you tell me if you're able to unlock 1Password on your PC just fine with no errors? Also, did you restore your data from an older Android device onto the new Android phone or was the new phone set up as a new install?

• peri
    edited November 2015

Hi @Grimdotdotdot. To add to MikeT's comment, can you confirm that the Android and PC are syncing with the same vault in Dropbox?

If so, the easiest way to resolve this error is to change the Master Password on your PC. Just tap Preferences > Security > Change Master Password. Allow a minute or so for the change to sync to your Android. Then launch 1Password 4 for Android and login with your old Master Password. The app will notify you that the Master Password has changed, and you'll then need to confirm the new Master Password.

Changing the Master Password recreates encryptionKeys.js in the vault, so this should resolve the error. You can then go ahead and change the Master Password back if you like.

Let us know how this goes!

• Grimdotdotdot
    Grimdotdotdot
    Community Member

@MikeT: I can unlock 1Password fine on both my home PC and the one in my office. Thanks for moving the thread!

I've followed @peri 's instructions to change the password and it's made no difference, I'm afraid. There's only the one vault in my Dropbox so I'm pretty sure it must be the right one.

• Thanks for the update, @Grimdotdotdot. I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports from your Android device and your PC:

---Android---
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/android.html

---Windows---
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/win.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+android@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• Grimdotdotdot
    Grimdotdotdot
    Community Member

Hi @peri - how do I get to the settings menu on Android if I can't open a vault? I'm stuck on the "create new vault / sync existing vault" screen.

• Select Sync existing vault > Sync using Dropbox and select the vault in your Dropbox account. Enter your master password for the vault and you should receive an error indicating the encryptionKeys.js file is missing. Below the error, a Send Report button will be visible! You can use that to send us a diagnostic report from Android. Thanks!

• Grimdotdotdot
    Grimdotdotdot
    Community Member
    edited November 2015

@saad I can't take a screenshot, but I have no "Send Report" button. Just an alert box with "Dismiss" or "Details" as the options ("Details" takes me to a help page).

• Ah, it sounds like 1Password caught the error, that's why it's taking you to the help page. While viewing the help page, you should see a button in the action bar (on top right) that says Contact support. Tap on that to create and send us the report! Thanks. :)

• Grimdotdotdot
    Grimdotdotdot
    Community Member
    edited November 2015

I tapped that yesterday, but didn't send it because there's literally nothing in it.

I'll do it again and send it anyway, though.

[edit] It's away! The ID is [#ABV-55656-792]

• Thanks for the update, @Grimdotdotdot. I'll go look up your email, and we'll continue the conversation from there. :)

This discussion has been closed.