Hi, I am missing items from the old 1Pasword Pro 3 version.I have old backup file and import file.

Options
DanielaC
DanielaC
Community Member

Recently I migrated from old 1Password 3 Pro on iOS to the new app via your recommended process. When I was sure everything is there in the new app I deleted the old app. However, last week I found out there are some missing pieces of information. The items I miss were in the notes below Login details. First part of the notes did migrate correctly but it is not complete. The note was long and it looks like not all of it migrated. What can I do? I do have the old backup file and the import file on my PC but I do not have the old iOS app.

1Password Version: 6.0.2
Extension Version: not using
OS Version: irrelevant
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:data lost

Comments

• Hi @DanielaC,

Have you confirmed this is not a display issue? For one of the notes where some of the notes are not complete, try to edit the note and tap in the text field. Check to see if the note text is there or missing, and then tap Cancel (do not tap Save).

Let us know if the notes are really missing or just weren't displayed.

Thanks,
    Kevin

• DanielaC
    DanielaC
    Community Member
    edited November 2015
    Options

I checked and it is really missing. However, I am sure it is in the old backup as well as in the import file. Can I view one of those somehow please?

Secondly, in the list of Categories - how many items you have in Logins, how many in Secure notes, Credit Cards etc. I have number 8 in Pro Categories. Can it be that the info is hidden there? Or is it just an ad for Pro features?

• Good evening @DanielaC,

Have you made any changes to the information stored in 1Password since you migrated from version 3? If not, we can wipe out your data and try the import again using your backup file.

• DanielaC
    DanielaC
    Community Member
    edited November 2015
    Options

Oh yes, I have added new data I don't want to loose. Probably not a good solution. So are you saying I am out of luck as neither the old backup file nor the import file cannot be read anyhow? And, can you please answer my previous question too: is the number 8 in the Pro categories an advertisement for Pro version or a count of stored data? Thanks!

• Good morning, @DanielaC. Let me consult with my colleagues and get back to you on the best course of action here. Can you give me some details about your PC? What version of Windows are you running there and what version of 1Password are you using there?

In terms of the Pro Categories that you see on the Category list, it is showing that you have a number of items in categories that would be available after purchasing the Pro Features in-app purchase. That being said, all of your items are still available in the All Items list, regardless of whether they are in a pro category or not.

• DanielaC
    DanielaC
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, MrRooni, I am not using the Windows version at all.
    Thanks for the explanation of the number of Pro categories. Anyway, I suppose I will have to retrieve somehow the missing data if there is no way to read the backup/import file. Thanks.

• Hi @DanielaC. I was chatting with some of my coworkers about your problem, and we may have come up with a potential solution. If you are using the same Apple ID with which you originally purchased 1Password 3 you should be able to reinstall it and restore your backup data to it.

Can you check your purchases list in the App Store app and see if 1Password is listed there?

• DanielaC
    DanielaC
    Community Member
    Options

Hi MrRooni, Unfortunately the only 1Password there is in my Purchased has the new icon. I deleted the old one from my iTunes library back then as well... I suppose you cannot send the old .ipa file to me by email?

• Ben
    Options

Hi DanielaC,

We could, but unfortunately you wouldn't be able to use it. Each IPA file is tied to an Apple ID and without the password for that Apple ID iOS will not allow you to use the app.

Do you perhaps have a backup somewhere that would contain the iTunes library from your computer (a Time Machine backup, for example)?

Ben

• DanielaC
    DanielaC
    Community Member
    edited November 2015
    Options

Hello, Ben, Thanks for the idea. It did not occur to me. I do have 1Password 3.7.2.ipa file on my network backup disc. However, since I copied the file to my current iTunes library, I get this error now: iTunes cannot connect to Store Purchases. If you have any firewall software, make sure it has been set to allow communication on port 443. Is it a coincidence or did I just break my iTunes? And, the app is not showing in my apps. Just the new one as before. I am sorry it is becoming too much work for you guys... Thank you.
    Edit: OK, so when I removed the copied old ipa file my iTunes work again. Phew. But I do have a backup of the old iTunes library to answer you question. That library is dated though.

• Ben
    Options

Hi Daniela,

Before we go any further I want to see if we can clarify something. In your first post you said:

The items I miss were in the notes below Login details

I'm like to clarify what data, exactly, is missing. Is the missing data information that was saved in the notes fields of items, or was it perhaps saved into web fields?

The reason I ask is that the Pro features are indeed required to view web fields in v6, so if that is where you saved the data then there may not have been an import issue at all.

If the information was definitely in the notes field...

I do have the old backup file and the import file on my PC

Can you please tell me what the names of the files you do have are, including the file extension?

Thanks.

Ben

• DanielaC
    DanielaC
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,
    I decided to a) thank you for your support, b) test if the missing data will show in the Pro fields, and I bought the Pro version. AND IT IS REALLY THERE! I am sorry for the confusion; I thought I have put the data in a long note but in fact it appears in "Saved form details". Many thanks for your help and please consider the problem solved! Thanks again :-D
    Kind regards,
    Daniela

• Aleen
    Aleen
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On Ben's behalf, you're welcome :)

This discussion has been closed.