Teams support in the MAS version of 1Password

Options
epavletic
epavletic
Community Member
edited November 2015 in Business and Teams

This might belong in the 1Password for Mac-forums, but since my question is about Teams I thought I'd post it here.

As of now, you need to run the Beta-builds of 1Password for Mac in order to use the Teams-feature which leaves out all users of the MAS (Mac App Store)-version of 1Password for Mac. I've seen replies indicating that the reason this feature is not enabled in the MAS/regular versions of 1Password for Mac is that the feature is in beta, and Apple/MAS don't allow beta-software.

The iOS-version of 1Password has, however, the Teams-feature enabled as of now, which makes me believe that the reason the MAS/regular versions of 1Password don't include Teams at the moment isn't limitations but rather that it isn't ready for prime time just yet. If this is the case (and I realize I'm speculating here, so please feel free to straighten me up if I'm wrong about the previous sentence), do you have some sort of estimate on when this feature will land in the MAS-version of 1Password?

Since Teams are primarly a work-related feature, and I'm pretty much always in front of my Mac when I'm working, this is where the feature would make the most sense to use, rather than on iOS. I also use iCloud for syncing today, and would rather not migrate to Dropbox just to use this feature* (if you read this, use the MAS-version today, and DO feel that moving to Dropbox is an acceptable tradeoff, you can migrate from the MAS-version to the ”web”-version of 1Password by following these instructions).

*: Well, I guess I could, but would rather not, hence the question.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2015
    Options

@epavletic: Sorry for the confusion! Just to clarify:

• 1Password for Teams is in beta.
    • 1Password for Mac version 5.5, which supports 1Password for Teams, is in beta.
    • 1Password for iOS version 6.1, which supports 1Password for Teams was in beta, but testing has concluded and it has now been released in the App Store.
    • 1Password for Teams doesn't require App Store approval as it's web-based and not a native app, but apps themselves do.
    • Once beta testing has concluded, 1Password for Mac version 5.5 will be available as a stable update for all 1Password for Mac users — including in the Mac App Store, barring some issue with the approval process.

We don't have a timeframe for release, other than When It's Done™. Cheers! :)

• epavletic
    epavletic
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for replying @brenty, I will eagerly await the upcoming releases then! I guess this gives me the opportunity to test the web-based views more thoroughly than I would have otherwise ;)

Keep up the awesome work!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks so much! You ain't seen nothin' yet. ;)

• EstercolinoAGL
    EstercolinoAGL
    Community Member
    Options

this is what i did.
    I also have 1Password from MAS.
    I downloaded the beta from agilebits.
    Launched it and you can see that it uses the same vault.
    Did all the setup for team.
    Waited for sync.
    Data is now available.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Awesome! Glad to hear that worked for you.

The only caveat is that if you'd previously used both at one time or another they may have separate data, but if anyone runs into trouble we're here to help. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.