Can't unlock vault on Windows 10

Options
TrevorJ
TrevorJ
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I just installed the alpha version of the 1Password Windows 10 app. While the intro screen looks great, I'm afraid I'm not able to get very far with it. It's able to find my 1Password file, but it refuses to accept the password for it. It just keeps behaving like I'm entering the wrong password.

This vault works fine in iPassword for MacOS, Windows and Android, so I'm sure I'm entering the password right.

Any ideas?

1Password Version: Alpha Release 16 (1.1511.80)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb-search:1password alpha

Comments

• @TrevorJ where is your vault located - OneDrive or Dropbox? Is it .agilekeychain or .opvault folder? If it's .agilekeychain - was it created a long time ago in earlier versions of Mac app?

You can also go "settings\live log" and use email button at the top to send us logs, so we can investigate. Alternatively you can run in your browser op://log to get to the same logs page.

• cyn_cyn
    cyn_cyn
    Community Member
    Options

I'm also having the same problem on my PC, it can't seem to recognize the back up. I'm not computer savvy and it's now freaking me out because I can't find my passwords!!!! help please!!

• @cyn_cyn let's try and fix it. Are you trying to open .agilekeychain vault that was made a long time ago in Mac app?

P.S. you can get in touch by email support+windowsmodern@agilebits.com - just refer to this forum thread, it might be faster this way.

• TrevorJ
    TrevorJ
    Community Member
    Options

@SergeyTheAgile The vault is located in Dropbox. It's a .agilekeychain, and yes, it was created a long time ago.

I grabbed a copy of the log. I'm noticing a few things that are suspicious. In particular, there's several "Missing iterations in AKC key" and "Invalid AKC key" errors.

After reading some other threads, I was able to get it to work by changing the password on the vault. So the immediate issue is resolved.

I have a copy of the logs, if you still want them. Just let me know where to send them to -- preferably somewhere with a PGP key, since I'd rather not send password-related logs across the internet in cleartext. :)

(I also made a backup of my password database before the password change, in case you need me to do any additional testing.)

• Yep, these errors are clear sign of the issue with older .agilekeychains, it can be cured by changing master password.

For this particular case logs are not required, we have few examples already. We also understand concerns about sending logs over the net, this is why we are using clear text format (so you can see for yourself that there is nothing leaking) and why we do not put anything that can compromise your security (except for paths and file names inside vaults, normally they are cryptic id's, but sometimes Dropbox can add there Dropbox's user account name).

This discussion has been closed.