Feature Request - Auto-filling of HTTP Basic Auth popups

Options

Hi there,

When I browse to a page that requests authentication using HTTP Basic Auth (like this: http://i.imgur.com/Xig4HP5.png), 1Password is currently unable to fill the fields. (note, this is a private page and you won't be able to use it for testing).

Would I be able to request that the ability to fill these fields be added? It just breaks up my workflow when I'm so used to autofilling with 1Password!

Thank you,
Aaron

1Password Version: 5.4.1
Extension Version: 4.4.3
OS Version: OS X 10.11.1
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:HTTP Auth

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @aaronpb,

I've added your voice to see this happen. We actually had another post along these lines and while I couldn't offer a real solution I don't know if the workaround I posted there will help a little. I'll let you read what I wrote and see what you think. It might not be an improvement at all, only can say for sure while we work on this.

ref: OPX-717

• aaronpb
    aaronpb
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the response @littlebobbytables (I like your username btw :))

Strangely the site doesn't show up when I hit the auto-fill shortcut. I get the pop-up with Password Generator in focus.

The site's URL is listed in the website field, and even stranger, if I click on the 1Pass mini icon in my menu bar when the authentication window is open, the site is listed there, but not when I hit auto-fill.

If we can get this workaround working, that will definitely help out :)

Thanks!
    Aaron

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @aaronpb,

As I'm a little unsure if posting a specific detail that I want to confirm in our public forums is a good idea I've just emailed you directly at the address you use here in the forums. You should have an email from us in your inbox. It may very well be I'm being overly cautious but better that than having to say "oops" later.

ref: ULV-43581-988

This discussion has been closed.