Complexity

Options

Hi,

Just signed up for the 1Password for Teams Beta and really looking forward to it. Do though want to check if it will/could interfere with our current rather complex setup. We are currently using 2x Shared Vaults internally plus have 19x shared vaults externally with our clients. There's a total of just over 50 1Password installations in our little network.

Just wanted to check before we take the plunge if setting up Teams will affect any of this:
1. Can Teams manage both internal and external Team shares?
2. If we install Teams internally will this affect/disable the standard 1Password vaults we share with clients?
3. We use iCloud to sync personal vaults for some users so will Teams support the Mac App Store version of 1Password?
4. Will the Teams version support customised Items, i.e. ones we've added additional fields to?

Finally, I've signed up for the Beta but put on a holding list. Any timeframe for the Beta welcoming experienced newcomers?

Looking forward to Teams. Kind of what we've been hoping you guys would get to all along!

Cheers, Dan

1Password Version: Mac 5.4.1 + Windows 4.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.10 +OS X 10.11.1 + Windows 8 + Windows 10
Sync Type: iCloud + Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2015
    Options

Looking forward to Teams. Kind of what we've been hoping you guys would get to all along!

@londan: Indeed! We've had a lot of requests for something like this over the years, and we're excited to finally(!) share this with everyone.*

Finally, I've signed up for the Beta but put on a holding list. Any timeframe for the Beta welcoming experienced newcomers?

*Unfortunately I can't offer a time frame on approval. We're adding new signups as fast as we can, but we're moving very deliberately as we work to improve the experience for everyone in response to feedback and testing.

1.Can Teams manage both internal and external Team shares?

Can you clarify what you're asking? You'll be able to share with people both within your team and outside of it (using the Guest feature).

2.If we install Teams internally will this affect/disable the standard 1Password vaults we share with clients?

There is no impact on your existing 'personal' vaults. You can use 1Password for Teams vaults alongside what you already have.

3.We use iCloud to sync personal vaults for some users so will Teams support the Mac App Store version of 1Password?

That's the plan! Of course, given that the App Store does not support beta software you'll have to wait a bit for 5.5 to pass the rigors of testing and make its way to the stable channel — at which point we'll be able to submit it for App Store review.

4.Will the Teams version support customised Items, i.e. ones we've added additional fields to?

Yep! The only significant item change in 1Password for Teams when compared to the 'personal' version of 1Password is attachments — which are instead handled as documents that can be linked to items. I hope this helps! :)

• londan
    londan
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Brenty,

Thanks for the reply. All sounds good.

My question: 1. Can Teams manage both internal and external Team shares?
    And, your reply: Can you clarify what you're asking? You'll be able to share with people both within your team and outside of it (using the Guest feature).

We have our own internal Team off staff. We have 3x vaults only we can see. We also have 19x shared vaults which we share with various people at 15x different clients. Just want to understand the Team structure we'll have.

For instance can we have one Team for our Staff and then have each client setup their own Teams, but use the Guest facility to share data between them? Probably won't fully understand this until we get our hands on the software so no biggie if you can't fully answer the query about our specific setup just now.

Cheers, Dan

• jpgoldberg
    jpgoldberg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @londan!

I think that Guest's are going to be exactly the right approach for you. 1Password for Teams should make what you are now managing much easier. Please let us know how it goes. Your team looks like an excellent test case.

• londan
    londan
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Guys,

I finally got an invite to the Beta and planning to do a test drive. I'm an old user of 1Password so have the AgileBits version but a few members of the team have the Mac App Store one. Is there any way to swap their license or do we have to re-purchase in order to join the Beta?

Cheers, Dan

• londan
    londan
    Community Member
    Options

Never mind! Just downloaded and installed the AgileBits Store version and it miraculously seems to recognise the Mac Store license. Great code!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@londan: Excellent! It sounds like you should be all set, but I wanted to add a few things here, in case it helps you or anyone else.

In your case, it looks as though you do have a valid AgileBits Store license for 1Password 5. I've resent that via email, just in case you need it in the future.

Never mind! Just downloaded and installed the AgileBits Store version and it miraculously seems to recognise the Mac Store license. Great code!

You've actually stumbled on one of my favourite 'secret' features of 1Password here: the AgileBits Store version will honour the Mac App Store receipt if it is present (from the app being installed on the system at some point). It just makes things easier.

However, I do also want to say that we're always happy to give an AgileBits Store license to anyone who's purchased from the Mac App Store. So if you or anyone else fits that description, just shoot us an email at support+licenses@agilebits.com with a copy of the Mac App Store receipt and we can use it to generate a license of our own for you. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.