Does 1Password store multiple logins for the same website?

trustedproperty11
trustedproperty11
Community Member
edited November 2015 in Mac

And I login in to one website sometimes 100 times a day. The problem is that each home requires me to have a different login and password. So I am constantly going back and forth to their file to retrieve that information. LOST TIME!!!!!! will this program solve my problem? If so, how?

so I go to the website, and if I want to enter a certain login and password how will that work? Will your app hold multiple login and passwords for the same website?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:VRBO login

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @trustedproperty11,

I'm happy to hear you're thinking of purchasing 1Password! :)

To answer your question, yes: 1Password can store multiple logins for the same website. To save a Login item for a website account, just follow the steps in our user guide here: Saving a Login

You would repeat those steps to save Login items for each account on that same site. When you go back to the sign-in form on that site, just open the 1Password extension and choose the Login item you want to use to sign in. 1Password will fill the username & password from that Login item. (Make sure to name each of those Login items differently so you can tell which one is which.)

Hopefully this helps, but please let us know if you have more questions. Thanks! :)

• trustedproperty11
    trustedproperty11
    Community Member

So I figured out how to get to the owner login screen. I have inputed that website url to the list of 1password VRBO's that I have saved, and I click on it and the site comes up, but nothing gets autofilled......

• trustedproperty11
    trustedproperty11
    Community Member

Hi Drew,

Thank you for your response. As a result of your response, I have just downloaded the free trial and I went through the set up process of adding 8 different usernames and passwords for VRBO. so here is what happens. If the problem can be solved, then I will pay the fee for the app. I currently go to www. vrbo.com. that then has a login in selection drop down. I select owner login. That then sends me to the homeaway page and it has a username and password already in the boxes that i'm not wanting.

How do I set it up to go to the correct page and auto fill the login and password as advertised? Please try for yourself.....

go to www.vrbo.com
    select owner login
    it sends you to another site
    thats where I need the autofill to happen

I have tried to cut and paste the site at the login onto one of my saved 1password logins, but still not working....

Thank you
    Robert

• trustedproperty11
    trustedproperty11
    Community Member

Hi Drew,

Thank you for your response. As a result of your response, I have just downloaded the free trial and I went through the set up process of adding 8 different usernames and passwords for VRBO. so here is what happens. If the problem can be solved, then I will pay the fee for the app. I currently go to www. vrbo.com. that then has a login in selection drop down. I select owner login. That then sends me to the homeaway page and it has a username and password already in the boxes that i'm not wanting.

How do I set it up to go to the correct page and auto fill the login and password as advertised? Please try for yourself.....

go to www.vrbo.com
    select owner login
    it sends you to another site
    thats where I need the autofill to happen

I have tried to cut and paste the site at the login onto one of my saved 1password logins, but still not working....

Thank you
    Robert

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @trustedproperty11,

Thanks for letting us know the URL! It definitely helps when we're able to test that ourselves.

I'm not sure if I understand the exact steps you took to create your Login items, but when I tried saving a Login item (using the steps from our user guide), it worked correctly for me and the 1Password extension is able to correctly fill the username/email address and password fields. (I couldn't actually sign in because I just used some random text, but the filling worked correctly.) So, maybe it will help if I describe the exact process I went through, and you can let me know what was different for you:

Can you let us know if those are the same steps you took / are taking, or what you might be doing differently? That should help us understand what is or isn't working correctly for you. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.