Text fields don't show text when typing.. just some weird gradient

This only happens when I'm actively editing a field. It's frustrating because I can't see what I'm typing. This version works fine otherwise I don't want to pay for an upgrade and I don't think I should have to for it to function correctly. I just want this to work like it used to.

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.11.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:text fields

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @daftgirly, I love your Twin Peaks avatar! :love:

I've moved your message to our "1Password 3 for Mac" forum since that's the version you're using. I hope you don't mind!

It sounds like you're having one of the problems described in this forum announcement: 1Password 3: Modern browsers and OS X

The "invisible field" behavior is mentioned briefly in the first message there, and the second message goes into more detail about it. Basically, 1Password 3 for Mac is an older version (the latest version for Mac is currently 5) and is no longer receiving updates. Unfortunately, changes in newer versions of Mac OS X have resulted in some compatibility issues for version 3. You're welcome to continue using that version of course, but you'll run into some issues on modern operating systems and web browsers.

If you purchased a 1Password 3 for license in 2013 or later, the upgrades for 1Password 4 and 5 are absolutely free! On the other hand, if you bought your license prior to 2013, we do offer an upgrade discount. You can visit our Upgrade Store and enter your license code to see your upgrade discount and options.

I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you, but hopefully this helps to explain what's going on. If you have more questions, please let us know! :)

• daftgirly
    daftgirly
    Community Member

Thanks for the compliment & reply, Drew.. and thanks for fixing the categorization. Sigh, I guess this is just how technology works. I'll deal til I can afford the upgrade. Take care!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

You too! Thanks for your kindness and support. We're here if you need us! :)

This discussion has been closed.