items icon display

henengel
henengel
Community Member

Hi,
There seems to be a problem with icons sync in logins and software licenses.
In software licenses, Icons aren't shown at all. Doesn't matter what size of icon.
And in logins, none of the images are shown, again regardless of the quality or size of the icons.
Is there anything that can be done to fix this?
Thank you

1Password Version: 4.5,3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 5.1
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search: items icon display

Comments

• Hey @henengel. Can you let me know whether you're having trouble with the standard rich icons, or with custom icons?

1Password 4 for Android doesn't have support for custom icons, but this is something we are considering adding in the future. ref: OPA-106

Further to that, while we do support rich icons for Logins, rich icons for Software Licenses are not yet supported. ref: OPA-324

However, if you're having trouble with rich icons being downloaded from our server, first please select Settings > Display, and verify that Show rich icons is checked. If so, please ensure that the URLs you have saved with your Logins are preceded by http:// or https://. This prefix will need to be included for the rich icons to be downloaded from our icon server.

Let me know what you find out!

• henengel
    henengel
    Community Member

Hi @peri.
    I'm not sure I understand the difference between the "rich icons", and the "custom icons".
    On my PC and mac, I added to all of my logins and software licenses, matching icons.
    They are displayed, on my iPad, PC, and mac, but not on my android.
    As you asked, the "Show rich icons" option on my android device, is checked.

• Hi @henengel. Rich icons are the icons we have stored, which show up automatically when you click "Show rich icons" on Android, or when you download rich icons on PC.

If you've added your own images to items, then that would make them custom icons. Windows, Mac, and iOS all support displaying custom icons (though it's not currently possible to add them on iOS), but unfortunately they won't display on Android.

However, I will go ahead and add your vote for custom icons on Android! :)

Let me know if you have more questions. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.