Does 1Password work with IE9 64 bit?

I'm running IE9 in 64 bit mode, because it is faster. However 1Password does not work any more. I read posts regarding the BETA but those are old now.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    As documented, the 32-bit 1Password for Windows extensions do not work with 64-bit browsers:

We apologize for the inconvenience.
  • jeffc
    jeffc
    Community Member
    The problem with this is, with IE9, IE9 installs based on the O/S. That is, if I'm running 32-bit Windows, IE9 32-bit installs. But if I'm running 64-bit Windows, IE9 64-bit installs.

Given that my desktop has a lot of memory (12G), I really need 64-bit Windows to access the memory (I run a lot of VMs). Installing 32-bit Windows just to have 1Password integration is a bit much to ask for!

Given the prevelence of 64-bit Windows these days, might you reconsider your position here?

Thanks so much,

/Jeff
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Jeff, are you saying there's no option to install 32-bit Internet Explorer in 64-bit Windows?

That would be a shame, because 1Password works fine in 64-bit Windows, but its 32-bit extensions work only with 32-bit browsers.
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2011
    In 64-bit Windows, you have two versions of Internet Explorer: IE 64-bit and IE 32-bit.

The executable for IE 32-bit is located here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

The executable for IE 64-bit is located here:

C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

Browse to the proper Program Files folder and create a shortcut to that version of iexplore.exe
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2011
    In the context of this discussion, I believe "the proper Program Files folder" would be C:\Program Files (x86), so that you're integrating 1Password with the 32-bit edition of Internet Explorer.
  • jeffc
    jeffc
    Community Member
    Ah! I hadn't realized that, when you install IE 64-bit, it also installs a 32-bit version of IE for you.

That makes a huge difference to me (mostly because of 1Password)! Thanks so much for the advice, 1Password now works fine for me (with the browser).

/Jeff
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    That's good news, Jeff. Thanks for letting us know!
  • DBrown wrote:

Jeff, are you saying there's no option to install 32-bit Internet Explorer in 64-bit Windows?

That would be a shame, because 1Password works fine in 64-bit Windows, but its 32-bit extensions work only with 32-bit browsers.

...I think it's a shame Agile isn't embracing the future of 64-bit, it's only been around on Windows for what...6 years now??? That's like 237 human years old!
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2011

...I think it's a shame Agile isn't embracing the future of 64-bit, it's only been around on Windows for what...6 years now??? That's like 237 human years old!

...and 1Password has been around on Windows for what...6 months now? :D

I think the key word that's missing from your description, Chris, is "yet"; and we're a much smaller team than we might appear to be—it's all about resources and priorities.

Thanks for your patience!
This discussion has been closed.