Vault appears as a folder in my Dropbox and is not selectable when trying to sync Android app.

i8joe
i8joe
Community Member

Hi - I'm setting up a new Android phone and trying to sync the Android 1Password app to my vault via Dropbox. When I select "Sync using Dropbox" I am taken to a list of my folders. I go in to the 1Password folder and see "1Password.opvault", but it appears as a folder and is not selectable. Drilling in to the folder shows "Default", and tapping on that gives the error "A 1Password vault wasn't found in this folder. Please check that you have the correct location." Why does "1Password.opvault" appear as a folder and not a selectable file?

I also have 1Password on my Macbook Air and iPhone, and syncing via Dropbox works fine.

1Password Version: 4.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 6.0
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:can't select vault dropbox

Comments

• Hi @i8joe. The reason you're not able to choose the .opvault folder for syncing is because 1Password on Android uses the Agile Keychain format for Dropbox and local storage sync. We don’t support the OPVault format for these sync methods yet, but this is something that we are planning on revisiting soon.

That said, Wi-Fi sync on Android uses an internal version of the OPVault, so if you prefer to use the OPVault format, you can switch to Wi-Fi sync on Android.

Otherwise, I recommend switching to the Agile Keychain on the Mac and syncing that with Dropbox. Then you should be able to select the vault in Dropbox.

Let me know if you have more questions. Thanks!

• Draconic_Ace
    Draconic_Ace
    Community Member

So how do we get apple to do agile.keychain again. I had it set up so my iPad and android could sync up, but then had trouble with Dropbox, making it necessary to start over with sync on my android phone.

• Hey @Draconic_Ace. To switch to .agilekeychain on Mac, just follow the steps in this guide.
    https://support.1password.com/switch-to-opvault/mac.html

These steps show how to switch to OPVault. Please make sure to follow these steps to switch back to Agile Keychain.

I hope this helps! Let us know if you have any trouble with this. :)

• Draconic_Ace
    Draconic_Ace
    Community Member

I'm on an iPad. Not a mac

• Thanks for the clarification. Do you have access to a Windows PC or Mac? It will be easier to convert your OPVault to an AgileKeychain there.

Let us know and we will continue from there. :)

• Draconic_Ace
    Draconic_Ace
    Community Member

I have acccess, just need a list of step by step instructions. Emailed to me if you can

• Sounds good, @Draconic_Ace! Just email use at support+android@agilebits.com and let us know whether you have access to a Mac or PC, and we can continue from there. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.