there is no 1password.html in 1Password.agilekeychain folder

Kiah
Kiah
Community Member

recently, I purchased 1password and installed on my mac sync with dropbox. but I can't find 1password.html in my dropbox folder to use 1passwordanywhere feature when I work in my office to access my secure data.

1Password Version: mac 5.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: kb:move-to-dropbox-disabled, kb:how-dropbox-syncs, kb:1passwordanywhere, kb:windows-processes, kb:1passwordanywhere

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Kiah,

I'm sorry for the confusion! 1PasswordAnywhere is no longer being created as part of new vaults, but you can download the html file here, unzip it, and place it in the root of your .agilekeychain. (Just find the .agilekeychain within the Dropbox folder on your Mac, right-click on it and choose "Show Package Contents", and put the html file in there.)

1PasswordAnywhere is a legacy feature (from 1Password 3) built into the old AgileKeychain format which won't be supported going forward as we move to OPVault, which is why it's being phased out. Again, I apologize for any confusion about that!

Hopefully you're all set, but if you have more questions or need anything else, just let us know - we're always happy to help! :)

• Kiah
    Kiah
    Community Member

worked. thanks for your helping.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Kiah,

I'm glad to see that Drew was able to get you all sorted out!

I hope that 1Password behaves perfectly for you from now on, but if you have any other questions or concerns, we're here for you! :)

• 3l3phant
    3l3phant
    Community Member

The 1password.html file is a lifesaver when I'm not at my home machine. (Well, not a "lifesaver" per se. You folks at Agile Bits are good, but ... you know. Not M.D.s grin). We can't install software on our work computers so I was wondering if it's not going to be supported moving forward, will there be another, similar solution?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @3l3phant,

I don't know what the future will bring but we do realise it's a feature that some people find useful. 1Password for Teams, which is still in beta will allow vault access via a webpage so this will be one possibility for some people. I do understand that not everybody will want to transition and some will see no value in 1Password for Teams. We're not ignoring those that only want the standalone product, I just don't know what will happen here yet.

• 3l3phant
    3l3phant
    Community Member

I totally do see the value, but not for a single user such as myself. Glad to hear it's under consideration :)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @3l3phant,

We really appreciate your feedback here! I'll make sure our developers hear your thoughts on 1PasswordAnywhere. :)

• bmaratea
    bmaratea
    Community Member

This did not help me.

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bmaratea,

I'm sorry to hear that, but thank you for coming to our support forums and reaching out. We'd like to help you however we can. Perhaps if you can tell us a bit more about your situation and what you need help with, we'll be better able to address it for you. What can we help you with today?

• shark_coffee
    shark_coffee
    Community Member

I'm a single user and I would like to access my vault and use it from anywhere (other PC) without installing anything. Is that possible?

The thing is, at my office, I can't use 1Password because I need admin rights to install software. So, I'm only relying on my mobile device for now and for certain website that doesn't load properly on mobile, I need to check my phone and type the password manually. It has been a hassle for quite a while.

Anybody can help me out? Thanks.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @shark_coffee,

Thank you for your question, I'll be happy to help you sort it out! First of all, this thread is a bit old and things have changed since then. 1PasswordAnywhere is not being supported anymore, if you're curious about the details about it you can find them here.

If you want to have full access on a web interface on any computer, your best shot is to get a 1Password Families account. I know that you mention that you're a single user, however the perks of this option are well worth it even if for a family of just one ;). You can read more about 1Password Families here: https://1password.com/families/

Finally, if you're not convinced with this 1Password Families, and want to make typing your passwords from your phone into your computer easier, you should try changing them to Diceware passwords, in can you haven't already. The generator picks random words from a list to create a strong password, for example: marc.spain.histolog.pollster. This is a very secure password that could be easily read and written when needed.

Please let us know what you think about these options, and if there's anything else that you'd like to know about 1Password! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.