Multiple URLs don't work intermittently

kathampy
kathampy
Community Member
edited November 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I have saved a login with the following URLs:
https://signin.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SignIn
https://signin.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SignIn

Only the first URL works. Most of the time the second URL does not autocomplete or even detect as having an associated login in the right-click menu. I'm using Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 10 and do have the Enable Multiple URLs option enabled.

If I edit the login and delete & recreate the second URL exactly as before, it starts working immediately. I recreate it in the second list position exactly as before. It then fails again after some amount of time.

The same thing happens for amazon.com, amazon.in, etc.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@kathampy: Very odd. I wasn't able to reproduce the issue you're describing, either with my existing Ebay login or by created a new one. Please try save the login manually:

1. Navigate to the website
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Click the 'keyhole' icon to bring up the extension
    4. Click the 'gear' icon for Settings
    5. Click Save New Login
    6. Give it a name and Save
    7. Close the webpage and select your new login from the extension to have 1Password Go & Fill
    8. Submit the form manually if you have autosumbit disabled
    9. Edit the item details to add the second URL and test filling at that page as well

One thing to keep in mind is that Internet Explorer is a bit limited compared to the other browsers, so it can be helpful to set the 1Password extension Settings to open the login in the current tab, as opposed to opening a new one. And to be clear, 1Password will only ever Go & Fill the first URL. The purpose of multiple URLs is so that 1Password will offer you the login on those pages as well.

Only the first URL works. Most of the time the second URL does not autocomplete or even detect as having an associated login in the right-click menu.

Can you tell me what you mean by this? 1Password doesn't have a contextual menu item in Internet Explorer.

If you're still having trouble, please tell me the exact steps you're taking and each result you're seeing so I can try to reproduce the issue myself. Perhaps some screenshots would help. Thanks in advance! :)

• kathampy
    kathampy
    Community Member

There doesn't appear be any difference between the automatically and manually saved logins. I always optimize the saved form fields to the minimum (username, password, remember).

I always go the website manually and use Ctrl + \ or the system tray menu to fill the fields. I don't open the logins from 1Password directly. When I am on eBay.com, both Ctrl + \ and the system tray menu show the eBay login item. However when I'm on eBay.in Ctrl + \ doesn't work and the system tray menu doesn't show any login items. However if I edit the login and delete and re-add the eBay.in URL exactly as before, the eBay login immediately starts working on the same eBay.in tab that's already open.

I'm unable to reproduce the issue right now as both URLs are working. I'll take screenshots next time it happens.

• kathampy
    kathampy
    Community Member

It appears that my existing multiple URLs are corrupted in someway. Deleting and recreating them with the exact same URL has made my Amazon login start working properly as well (I have .com, .co.uk. .in, .de for Amazon).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

There doesn't appear be any difference between the automatically and manually saved logins. I always optimize the saved form fields to the minimum (username, password, remember).

@kathampy: Ah, that might explain it. Don't. While some will be completely superfluous, often 1Password can use these to 'map out' the page, especially when there are multiple similarly labeled fields. If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it! ;)

It appears that my existing multiple URLs are corrupted in someway. Deleting and recreating them with the exact same URL has made my Amazon login start working properly as well (I have .com, .co.uk. .in, .de for Amazon).

I think you may have simply gotten carried away with 'pruning' your login items. Hopefully that did the trick, but be sure to let us know if you run into this again. :pirate:

• kathampy
    kathampy
    Community Member
    edited November 2015

I never added back any of the deleted fields in this case, I just recreated the secondary URLs. I'll wait for it to happen again.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ah, gotcha. We're here if you need us! :)

This discussion has been closed.